Our valued sponsor

blogging makes money

cogbuddy

Offshore Agent
Feb 14, 2009
Visit site
How many of you make money through blogging? It is a very difficult job to gain traffic. The blog has to be niche specific and the author has to update the contents everyday. Gain many back links and advertise it. By this you can have many members in your blog and after which you can engage in affiliate marketing using those members.

Currently I am having two blogs which makes me money. For becoming successful in making money through blogging you need to have patience. I have to wait for 2 years for my blogs to start making money. Consistent update of content and patience would lead us to success in this field.

I have seen people making decent money by blogging-of course one has to regularly work hard only then some return is possible. andrew25 I am little dismayed after reading your comment 2 yrs -isn't it a long span, that means I will have to wait for a year and half to enjoy some returns from my blog.

andrew25 said:
Currently I am having two blogs which makes me money. For becoming successful in making money through blogging you need to have patience. I have to wait for 2 years for my blogs to start making money. Consistent update of content and patience would lead us to success in this field.
I agree with you. One has to surely wait for a long time. But i never understand how google gives the page rank. Once i got PR of 1 in just ten days. But then i lost in next month. Similarly it has happened so much of times. So can you tell us in what way you earn money through blogs?

andrew25 said:
I have to commend you for your patience. Two years is a long time to wait, especially since most people want immediate gratification. I have heard that blogging can bring in money but I don't think I can be quite as patient.

I hear a lot of stories about bloggers who make decent money with their blogs. A blogger friend told me she earns roughly around $1,000/month with her blogs. She has a day job and just writes on her blog as a hobby, so I say that's pretty good. I think in order to have a successful blog, you must be really passionate about writing. It helps to be patient as well. It took her a little more than a year before she generated income from her blog.

The most important thing is to have enough engaging and insightful content on your blogs to keep attracting new visitors. On sites like Kontera and reviewme, its important to present yourself with some great content.

ponganne said:
I hear a lot of stories about bloggers who make decent money with their blogs. A blogger friend told me she earns roughly around $1,000/month with her blogs. She has a day job and just writes on her blog as a hobby, so I say that's pretty good. I think in order to have a successful blog, you must be really passionate about writing. It helps to be patient as well. It took her a little more than a year before she generated income from her blog.
Wow, you can make that much blogging?:tinysmile_shutup_t: Does it have to be on a domain you own? Seems like a host site wouldn't let you run your own ads.

If you can’t wait for at least 8 months then you can make money by accepting sponsored review but you have to beware of this method since this one is just a short term and would destroy your blog.

I used to make money through this way but now that I have lost a pr I realized that it isn’t worth it. If only I don’t accept sponsored review then I would have had a large base of readers by now and is making money automatically.

I would just like add that there are some blogger jobs out there also. You work for the website and write reviews or articles, and it pays pretty well. Some are not hard to get into, even if you have a brand new blog. Good luck.

One of my problems as I've tried to be a blogger is that I run out of things to talk about. If someone gave me assignments it would work better but that's just me. I've realized that blogging isn't for everyone.

Machida said:
If you can’t wait for at least 8 months then you can make money by accepting sponsored review but you have to beware of this method since this one is just a short term and would destroy your blog.
I used to make money through this way but now that I have lost a pr I realized that it isn’t worth it. If only I don’t accept sponsored review then I would have had a large base of readers by now and is making money automatically.
But how do you make money? is this by subscription or ads? sorry to seem so stupid but I had no idea you could make money by blogging

I think you almost have to have the personality for blogging. For example, if you are a naturally outgoing person with a lot to say, I'd imagine you'd be a great blogger. I'm a little more reserved and only open up to people I really know. Just my thoughts.

tongyun said:
I think you almost have to have the personality for blogging. For example, if you are a naturally outgoing person with a lot to say, I'd imagine you'd be a great blogger. I'm a little more reserved and only open up to people I really know. Just my thoughts.
It doesn’t have to do with your personality. All you need is the willingness to share whatever is on your mind. Sometimes I am sharing webmaster’s stuff, entertainment, almost anything that you could think of. I’m an introvert who doesn’t really know how to have fun outside.

Mockingbird said:
But how do you make money? is this by subscription or ads? sorry to seem so stupid but I had no idea you could make money by blogging
I have already said how I am making money form my blogs. I got a lot of blogs that is accepting paid reviews.

If you want to start making money from your blog this way then you should create a lot because Google has been cracking the blogs that accepts sponsored reviews.

Latest Threads