Our valued sponsor

Business PayPal for foreign owned US LLC?

Mark Rucken

Pro Member
Jun 8, 2018
Visit site
Anyone has exepreince with business PayPal for US LLC, considering that the Managing Member is not a US citizen and does not have a SSN. I heard PayPal is not willing to open account if the owner does not have a SSN?

Any advice would be appreciated :)

I've heard similar. I have a business opportunity in the US and I will need a US LLC soon. I will likely just settle on a Mercury bank account and limit myself to bank-to-bank transfers and avoid PayPal altogether - despite the convenience PayPal offers. My opportunity is purely B2B, so potentially this may work. But I feel your pain as I too would rather have the PayPal option available to me.

Are you a US resident? I've seen countless threads around the web mentioning it isn't possible as a non US resident to set up a PayPal business account with a foreign owned LLC
I am not and ever been a US resident or a US person.
I withdraw the PayPal balance every week on my LLCs’ Mercury accounts, never had any issue.

I am not and ever been a US resident or a US person.
I withdraw the PayPal balance every week on my LLCs’ Mercury accounts, never had any issue.
Paypal documents - USA LLC "For a US LLC they require ein and ssn. They might ask for proof of address." And a few others confirm it as well
Non-US resident Business Bank account for LLC "To clarify, yours is a non-resident US LLC and the Paypal will also be US? Paypal normally asks for SSN incase of US based accounts, both personal as well as business. EIN doesn't work, but many people use it in place of SSN, don't know how it fares in the long run."

So something doesn't add up. I only intend to use PayPal as processing though. I don't want any money there. Not sure if it matters.

I do have an EIN, I don’t remember if I ever gave it to PayPal. I opened the oldest account 6 years ago, the last one 2 years ago.
PayPal US business Accounts never accept Mercury Bank Details Now, You have to call them so they can add it manually.

Only PayPal US Personal can add Mercury Bank Details through dashboard without calling them.

PayPal US business Accounts never accept Mercury Bank Details Now, You have to call them so they can add it manually.
I remember I entered the details manually and verified the accounts with small deposits, I didn’t call anyone at PayPal.
IMG_0690.jpeg

I remember I entered the details manually and verified the accounts with small deposits, I didn’t call anyone at PayPal.
View attachment 5622
Yes, I heard that was working before but not now.

for example, PayPal business could be created with EIN, Now you need SSN.

A lot has changed I believe.

I think If you try to add another mercury details or If you create another PayPal account. You won't be able to do what you used to do in the past.

I do have an EIN, I don’t remember if I ever gave it to PayPal. I opened the oldest account 6 years ago, the last one 2 years ago
That explains it if you created them in the past. Here are some more sources that say the same PayPal Business Account for Foreign LLC holder Can you open PayPal business account as a foreign without SSN (with single-member LLC in US)? Man, everything is getting more difficult these days. There's no light at the end of that tunnel.

• Angry
Reactions: JohnnyDoe

Latest Threads