Our valued sponsor

Business PayPal (US) - Now Asking for Immigration?

albertwong

Nov 15, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone encountered this issue?

US LLC
- EIN
- US office address
- US linked bank account

They now want:
- US driver's license (not surprised)
- SSN/ITIN (not surprised)
- DHS immigration paper/green card

Was this bad luck?

They told me despite having a legal US entity residing in the US, the account must match the business' owner country of residence.

Which means PayPal rates go from 2.55% to 4.40% and now I have to find a US bank to open for the offshore company because PayPal in the Caribbean can only withdraw to a US bank account and TransferWise/WorldFirst does not support it. Otherwise buy goods/services using PayPal and forego a 1.5% credit card reward rate... which means processing fee has gone up from 2.55% to (4.40% + 1.5%).

Yes yes, PayPal sucks, but without PayPal, conversion rates drop = less profits.

Does anyone have ideas how to avoid this? Would prefer to avoid setting up a new LLC/PayPal account.

You don't live in the US and thats the problem?

If so, question is if they check all the "new" requested documents, or if they are able to see if they are valid.

You don't live in the US and thats the problem?

If so, question is if they check all the "new" requested documents, or if they are able to see if they are valid.

Yes, thats exactly the problem, a non-US resident of a US business cannot use US account.

Well, I told them I was non-resident and hence no SSN when first started and that was fine.

After 7 months, another review, same explanation of not having a SSN, but this time it didn't fly with them.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

US LLC
- EIN
- US office address
- US linked bank account

They now want:
- US driver's license (not surprised)
- SSN/ITIN (not surprised)
- DHS immigration paper/green card

Was this bad luck?

They told me despite having a legal US entity residing in the US, the account must match the business' owner country of residence.

Which means PayPal rates go from 2.55% to 4.40% and now I have to find a US bank to open for the offshore company because PayPal in the Caribbean can only withdraw to a US bank account and TransferWise/WorldFirst does not support it. Otherwise buy goods/services using PayPal and forego a 1.5% credit card reward rate... which means processing fee has gone up from 2.55% to (4.40% + 1.5%).

Yes yes, PayPal sucks, but without PayPal, conversion rates drop = less profits.

Does anyone have ideas how to avoid this? Would prefer to avoid setting up a new LLC/PayPal account.

Hello, can you give update on this how you solved it?