Our valued sponsor

Buy car for summerhouse in spain

corpyexp

Oct 20, 2019
Visit site
Hello all.

I want to buy a car for my vacation house in Spain, but do not know how to do it properly.. i do not want to buy it with my already taxed private account money.

Do any of you know some kind of solution for this? As i guess that i can not buy a car above 15.000€ in cash in Spain, and therefore there comes the issue.

open for all suggestions.

Thank you

Reactions: Btraveler
Hello all.

I want to buy a car for my vacation house in Spain, but do not know how to do it properly.. i do not want to buy it with my already taxed private account money.

Do any of you know some kind of solution for this? As i guess that i can not buy a car above 15.000€ in cash in Spain, and therefore there comes the issue.

Thank you

Hi,

The registration tax in Spain is insane. You either pay it or drive with foreign plates, but this might bring some difficulties to you over some time (legally you can use the foreign registered cars for 3 months at a time), especially if you live in one of the bigger cities. But if it's only for vacation use, foreign plates might work for you. There is a discussion about this topic with a lot of information - Buying a car in Europe with a offshore bank account

It is a used car yes - even when it is above 15.000€?

last time I checked there was a different limit for cash payments for non-residents (15k or 10k - don't remember) and residents (much lower). So it should work legally in your case.
You'll also need NIE which you probably already have if you own a property.

Thank you - yes it is only for vacation use in a closed parking garage.. might 3-4 times a year (1 week approx at a time)

Then just rent a car. Owning a car for use 4 weeks of a year does not make any sense.

If you are a non-resident in Spain you can't even buy a car and register in Spain, only resident persons/companies can afaik. As a non-resident you'd have to buy it elsewhere as a person/company and bring to Spain.
I agree with Martin, unless you spend some 4-5 months a year in Spain, there is very little sense in buying it.

Reactions: Btraveler
Hello all.

Thank you

There is no other solution then rent them by the month. Btw, it is also the cheapest solution. It will cost you less than 500 euros a month.

So if you are 4 months in Spain it costs you 2000 euro a year without zero headaches, no depreciation, no insurance, no maintenance ... the zero interest rates are ideal for the consumers.

Latest Threads