Our valued sponsor

cash transport?

void

freedom addicted ultra relativist
Pro Member
Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
EU citizen makes a number of ATM withdrawals in France from his own account using his own card (his name on the card) taking and storing ATM receipts for each and every withdrawal.
Then he takes a flight with cabin luggage full of bank notes worth 200k EUR to another EU country.
Does anybody think there is any risk (not talking about risk of theft :)) or violation of any rules?

For Intra-EU, train and bus trips are far superior. They do take longer, but most lines are free of luggage checks and pestering.

You have the papers, then flights should work too. But do you not mind the risk of an Email from French officials? You know, to discuss those matters in more detail? Not at all? You need to be virgin-clean.

For Intra-EU, train and bus trips are far superior. They do take longer, but most lines are free of luggage checks and pestering.

EU doesn't necessarily mean Europe...

You have the papers, then flights should work too. But do you not mind the risk of an Email from French officials? You know, to discuss those matters in more detail? Not at all?

I hate states and their representatives and spending time with what they want from me....
why do you think there is such a risk? because of the huge amount withdrawn from ATMs?

You need to be virgin-clean.
surprisingly enough I am ;-)

Reactions: Tax Cow
EU doesn't necessarily mean Europe...

...why do you think there is such a risk? because of the huge amount withdrawn from ATMs?

...surprisingly enough I am ;-)

EU means European Union. For sure, you can do it without a flight. What is your exact route? From France to..? Even from France to Finland, you'd have travel options that involve no luggage checks.

At the airport, they document your 200K cash. This could result in information exchange and further checks even after you've left.

Takes a brave person to admit! You're all set to book a flight!

EU means European Union. For sure, you can do it without a flight. What is your exact route? From France to..? Even from France to Finland, you'd have travel options that involve no luggage checks.

nope
Caribbean islands (FR, GB, NL), Canaries, Madeira, Azores, Ceuta, Mellila, Reunion, Mayotte, French Guayna

At the airport, they document your 200K cash. This could result in information exchange and further checks even after you've left.

hardly, I already traveled myself with big pile of cash a few times (up to 40k, no problem so far)

nope
Caribbean islands (FR, GB, NL), Canaries, Madeira, Azores, Ceuta, Mellila, Reunion, Mayotte, French Guayna

hardly, I already traveled myself with big pile of cash a few times (up to 40k, no problem so far)

In that case, you could specify. You're just listing some adhere circumstances which certainly are not your intended destinations ;)

Good luck though. No laws broken, I believe that much is clear regardless of where you go.

Reactions: TacitusKilgore

Latest Threads