Our valued sponsor

Change of permanent residence

Cazorla

Dec 30, 2020
Visit site
Hi,

If I set up a US LLC as a non resident, what will happen if I change at some point the permanent residence in my passport to another country. So in my passport it will show different permanent residence than it was when I was setting up a US LLC. Do I need to report that to USA or something, what is happening in that case?

Reactions: JohnLocke
When you have an US LLC and you have no accountant or knowledge in that area and be on spot, then its seriously possibly to pay zero tax, totally legal in some states. But you can´t go around and except the "kindness" of other countries who don´t f**k you up if anything on your report isn´t right. Do it right, its very cheap so that you can hire an accountant, at best, a local one. But don´t f**k around with the IRS.

Residence is easy, after two full business years you are allowed to live there full time, you might want to get into social circles to show your good will and you want to apply for a GreenCard. That can be ground should you unresonably thrown out of the country for a legal case. Thats a process over years and years and years, a company which actually operates in the US is the fastest way after having something who would "hire" you. The thing is, I got a GreenCard, I don´t really know why but a few years ago I got "chosen", the thing is now for legal immigration I´m in line for in 20 years. That being said, you´re better off that you keep your business running, move for business reasons and be a permanent "temporary" resident is the more realistic option. Also, Mexico is also not a bad place to live anymore, Canada has also beutiful cities.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnLocke
When you have an US LLC and you have no accountant or knowledge in that area and be on spot, then its seriously possibly to pay zero tax, totally legal in some states. But you can´t go around and except the "kindness" of other countries who don´t f**k you up if anything on your report isn´t right. Do it right, its very cheap so that you can hire an accountant, at best, a local one. But don´t f**k around with the IRS.

Residence is easy, after two full business years you are allowed to live there full time, you might want to get into social circles to show your good will and you want to apply for a GreenCard. That can be ground should you unresonably thrown out of the country for a legal case. Thats a process over years and years and years, a company which actually operates in the US is the fastest way after having something who would "hire" you. The thing is, I got a GreenCard, I don´t really know why but a few years ago I got "chosen", the thing is now for legal immigration I´m in line for in 20 years. That being said, you´re better off that you keep your business running, move for business reasons and be a permanent "temporary" resident is the more realistic option. Also, Mexico is also not a bad place to live anymore, Canada has also beutiful cities.
My only question was, if I have a Croatian passport with Croatian address and I set up US LLC today with that passport, what will happen if I change the residence(address) ? In that passport after a year for example, will be Serbian address. So at that moment I will have a Croatian passport with Serbian address, but I have opened LLC with the same passport but when it was Croatian address inside the passport. So do I need to report to USA if the address in passport is changed? Do I need to report it to anyone regarding my LLC?

Latest Threads