Our valued sponsor

Company owned companies in reputable countries

Wesker

Jun 9, 2019
Visit site
From reading this forum I get the understanding that it's getting harder and harder to get a real anonymous company, at least in jurisdictions with good reputation.

So I'd like to ask the experts if this is possible.

Let's say I open a truly anonymous company, let's call it company 1, in a very shady jurisdiction A.

Then company 1 opens company 2 in less shady jurisdiction B, without ever revealing the real UBO. Then company 2 opens company 3 and so on until you have a company n in a very reputable jurisdiction.

Can this be correctly done? Fully legal without going dark?

Does it have any real advantage over just going dark?

Hypothetically what countries would you choose and why?

You can certainly create a layered structure as you describe and improve the reputation of the structure with every layer. The issue will come when you try to open banking for the reputable company in a reputable location at which point the bank will want to look back at the entire company structure and will generally refuse the banking on the basis of either complexity without a logical reason or due to the fact that the owner of the reputable company is in fact a 10 deep structure of companies in less respectable locations. The UBO will also need to be revealed at this point and so creating a structure with a little more complexity than simple ownership after ownership is normally a better way of doing things.

Reactions: JohnLocke
Thanks for your reply!

I wasn't counting that every bank would go that deep. I thought the bank in jurisdiction n could just see the owner comes from jurisdiction n-1 and that he already banks there, so it would be a low risk client since n-1 jurisdiction is just a little less reputable than n.

If they can go that deep and banks happily share everything this leads to a dead end.

creating a structure with a little more complexity than simple ownership after ownership is normally a better way of doing things.

What are the best options?

this will not work at all. You can go the way of darks or your may want to setup something strong in some of the few reputable countries that are left and which look like to protect your identity so far.

the bank will always want to know the UBO, and in reputable jurisdictions will always report the UBO to their resident country due to CRS (common reporting standard(system) from what I understand.

What are you trying to do / avoid?
Hide from people being able to find out the owner of the company?
Hide from governements?
Avoid tax?

Well avoid is highly illegal and I don't think anyone here would do that. Evade taxes legally, sure.

But if you are trying to do that you either need to go:
a) fully illegal with fake documents
b) pay for a highly expensive structure

I will assume you don't have the funds for (b) as if you did you wouldn't be on a forum, instead will have the pros (bankers advising you how to do it for a hefty kickback).

But (a) is obviously risky to losing it all. Probably much easier to do for business opening than bank, but I don't know about that, plus it isn't allowed to be spoken about on the public forum, you would need to pay to join the members forum for that info