Our valued sponsor

Creating an Online Bank Account

MakingP

Feb 10, 2020
Visit site
This is the information I have access to:

1) Scanned copies of UK residents' driving licences and passports

2) Proof of addresses for these same people (in the form of utility bills)

3) Their address history for the past 3 years

4) Their full names and dates of births

As mentioned, these are all real people.

My question is:

Would I be able to open any bank accounts with Internet baking functions using just the information above?

They would ideally be UK based, but something is better than nothing!

The usual ones like Monzo and Revolut require selfie/video verification, resulting in obvious issues.

You want to check this list https://www.offshorecorptalk.com/th...rocessors-and-btc-to-fiat-institutions.25398/ of EMI's, banks and wallets that may suite your needs.
Much appreciated; I was wondering if you could point me to which bank from the list would be my option, given the information I have access to.

For reference, I don't have access to a business/trading company to make the application.

Are there any banks willing to accept account creations with online banking purely on the basis of a UK passport scan and utility bill?

TransferWise, N26, paysera, epayments are all options which should work
Unfortunately, like Revolut, N26 requires selfie verification.

TransferWise's website states you'll need to take a picture of yourself holding the ID.

Paysera requires you to photograph physcial copies of the document using their mobile app, and take a selfie.

ePayments accepts uploads rather than real-time photographs, but with strict image requirements. ePayments is also not useful to me as I am trying to open an actual bank account with an account number and sort code.

Reiterating my requirements might help:
  • I need an actual bank account with an account number and sort code; with access to online banking.
  • I need to be able to connect this bank account to take payments via Stripe.
  • I need to be able to open this account using just scanned passport copies and utility bills.
  • Naturally, I don't have physical copies of the above IDs, and cannot have the ID holder taking real time photos for verification (obviously).
In a nutshell, I need an online bank account I can apply for remotely - using scanned passport copies, and utility bills (for proof of address). I need to be able to upload these PDF documents over a PC. The bank account must be able to take online payments via Stripe, and I need to be able to withdraw funds from this account as I please. Having the option of a physical debit card for this account would also be a bonus.

Unfortunately, like Revolut, N26 requires selfie verification.

TransferWise's website states you'll need to take a picture of yourself holding the ID.

Paysera requires you to photograph physcial copies of the document using their mobile app, and take a selfie.

ePayments accepts uploads rather than real-time photographs, but with strict image requirements. ePayments is also not useful to me as I am trying to open an actual bank account with an account number and sort code.

Reiterating my requirements might help:
  • I need an actual bank account with an account number and sort code; with access to online banking.
  • I need to be able to connect this bank account to take payments via Stripe.
  • I need to be able to open this account using just scanned passport copies and utility bills.
  • Naturally, I don't have physical copies of the above IDs, and cannot have the ID holder taking real time photos for verification (obviously).
In a nutshell, I need an online bank account I can apply for remotely - using scanned passport copies, and utility bills (for proof of address). I need to be able to upload these PDF documents over a PC. The bank account must be able to take online payments via Stripe, and I need to be able to withdraw funds from this account as I please. Having the option of a physical debit card for this account would also be a bonus.
Impossible mate no high street bank will do it with just scans and without a physical visit... that era is over! If they are real people have them walk into the bank and open the accounts.

Do you (or anyone) know if n26 business account is available for UK LTD + UK resident? They have mismatch infomation on theirs website.

Just got an email from N26 stating they are closing all UK accounts from 15th April.

As below

With the UK having left the EU at the end of January, we will in due course no longer be able to operate in the UK with our European banking licence. Therefore, we are writing to share the news that we will be leaving the UK and closing all accounts.

We are sorry to be leaving and we understand this will be disappointing for our customers.

We’ve planned the next steps carefully to ensure this process is as smooth as possible for you.

What will happen next?
We will close your account on 15 April 2020, in line with our terms and conditions and you will shortly receive a formal termination notice.

If you have money in your account, please consider transferring it to an alternative bank account.

In the meantime, all account and app functionality will continue to work, so you can still spend or withdraw the money in your account. Your money will continue to be protected up to the equivalent of €100,000.

We have prepared a list of FAQs which you can find here in order to answer any questions you might have. We will continue to keep this updated, and will be in regular contact to support you through this process.

On behalf of the entire N26 team, I would like to thank you for the support you’ve given us since we launched in the UK. We have been proud to have you as a customer.

Kind regards,
Will Sorby
General Manager UK, N26

Latest Threads