Our valued sponsor

Crypto as alternative to fiat

What do I want with Bitcoin? I don't want any fluctuation, I can lose 10%, 20%...in a few minutes or overnight. Why is Bitcoin always recommended, it makes no sense at all, at least not for me. I need a normal bank account for money in and out.
Buy a stablecoin then. So you can still enjoy the slow, constant and inevitable erosion of value of fiat due to inflation and its unlimited supply, but in a crypto environment.

What do I want with Bitcoin? I don't want any fluctuation, I can lose 10%, 20%...in a few minutes or overnight. Why is Bitcoin always recommended, it makes no sense at all, at least not for me. I need a normal bank account for money in and out.
You deal with fluctuation by having bankroll management. This means e.g. having 5y of your loved fiat cash which you spend daily or as @JohnnyDoe suggested stablecoins.

The rest you park in Bitcoin and enjoy its money-printing absorbing effects

bitcoin is the far worst possible recommandation.
Bitcoin is a bankers product and other than fiat they can do whatever they want with it.
JPM reported already since 2011 to log into crypto exchanges and being active.

You really belive the high volatility is caused by people ?
They control the worth of your bitcoin and if you think bitcoin has a future for more than max 7 years good luck with it.

Buy a stablecoin then. So you can still enjoy the slow, constant and inevitable erosion of value of fiat due to inflation and its unlimited supply, but in a crypto environment.
In the perfect world it would work, in the world we live in it isn't that simple. To some extend I agree you can use crypto's but you can't get around Banks and Cash yet.

Reactions: ajhernan
The main problem I see with crypto being used as fiat is that is not widely accepted.

- Go to the supermarket to buy your groceries and pull out your crypto wallet to pay...
- Ask your landlord to pay your rent with crypto...
- Go to pay your electricity bill with crypto...
- Fill up your car tank and pull out your crypto wallet...
- Buy your net dream apartment with crypto...
- etc. all impossible or close to impossible at the moment

Until companies (and governments) decide to start accepting crypto, crypto as a currency form has a very ugly future as it will not be massively adopted. Only used as an investment instrument or for minor stuff (web3, nft, etc)

With that being said, I always question myself. What can I do to help with this? If I go to the supermarket, and they tell me they don't accept crypto as payment. What can I do to convince them to start accepting it other than talking about its benefits? It's a massive effort for small shops or businesses to accept cryptocurrencies.

The main problem I see with crypto being used as fiat is that is not widely accepted.

- Go to the supermarket to buy your groceries and pull out your crypto wallet to pay...

Until companies (and governments) decide to start accepting crypto, crypto as a currency form has a very ugly future as it will not be massively adopted. Only used as an investment instrument or for minor stuff (web3, nft, etc)

With that being said, I always question myself. What can I do to help with this? If I go to the supermarket, and they tell me they don't accept crypto as payment. What can I do to convince them to start accepting it other than talking about its benefits? It's a massive effort for small shops or businesses to accept cryptocurrencies.
That's exectly which is going to decide which future crypto will be mass adopted and which not.
It has a reason they are centralizing everything what people need.
Its the sellers of goods/services etc who will decide which coin will be accapted and which not

Well In some country ...It is possible to live your life with Crypto only.....I will not recommended it do to so...As It is very risky........Believer or not It is possible.
Use crypto exchange visa card.
You can buy gift card for Petrol/Gas refill

You can live with Crypto only in Dubai without any problem.......Forget OTC cash and some word around.....In Dubai so many businesses accept direct crypto...Majid Al Futtaim group which largest in Dubai accept crypto for all their businesses...Mall , hotels , entertainment every where they use crypto without any problem

May be some people hate it but UAE is living in future.....
Here is another example.....

I am not sure but Switzerland is also in same league....Caribbean country is also good choice....Keep in mind that few month ago Thailand is far more ahead in crypto adaptation ........But Gov spoiled the show.....

I am believer of New age tech and innovation....Nobody can stop advancement of New technology .......Today Day and age, Imagine if Gas/Petrol vehicle invented today.....social media people never allowed us to use it as It is living "bomb".....See every new tech can have Good side and Bad side like granite, gun and other explosive.....Nuclear advancement....Either It can give power to whole city or it can destroy the whole city .....How we adapt the New tech is the real things......

Sorry for my bad English...Hope I convey my message ...

You can live with Crypto only in Dubai without any problem.......Forget OTC cash and some word around.....In Dubai so many businesses accept direct crypto...Majid Al Futtaim group which largest in Dubai accept crypto for all their businesses...Mall , hotels , entertainment every where they use crypto without any problem
After reading this, I asked a friend who lives in Dubai if he had 30 minutes of his time. He just went to an Al Futtaim shopping mall (One called Al Gurair or similar), and he went inside the shopping mall to Carrefour, Adidas shop, Etisalat shop and a small perfume shop to ask about this as I was curious to know. All of them inside the mall.
According to what he said, none of them accepts cryptocurrencies as payments and even Carrefour confirmed to him that they are part of Al Futtaim but they never got any notification to start accepting cryptocurrencies and they accept many different forms of payments, including different fiat currencies, but not crypto.

I think Dubai is moving in the right direction but from what my friend told me, the reality is different. You can pay with crypto in very few places that are seen more like "wow this place accepts crypto" than actually being used for day to day living

dubai crypto friendly ? good joke.....
new tech we see today is the biggest crap.
there is already way better tech out which is surpressed by governments and big tech companies.EV are a joke.
Cars run by hydrogen have already proofed to be better than EV and even using way less carbon,but who cares if they already decided a decade ago how they are going to implement the control points.
Bitcoin is their product so what innovation are you talking about other than CBDC's with carbon tracking ?
There was a big energy project which china and japan run which would create nearly free energy out of the sun.
What happened is fukushima ,retirement of the japan president and a hold of that project.
Ohhh yeah these new innovations are so great

Reactions: Jorozey
After reading this, I asked a friend who lives in Dubai if he had 30 minutes of his time. He just went to an Al Futtaim shopping mall (One called Al Gurair or similar), and he went inside the shopping mall to Carrefour, Adidas shop, Etisalat shop and a small perfume shop to ask about this as I was curious to know. All of them inside the mall.
According to what he said, none of them accepts cryptocurrencies as payments and even Carrefour confirmed to him that they are part of Al Futtaim but they never got any notification to start accepting cryptocurrencies and they accept many different forms of payments, including different fiat currencies, but not crypto.

I think Dubai is moving in the right direction but from what my friend told me, the reality is different. You can pay with crypto in very few places that are seen more like "wow this place accepts crypto" than actually being used for day to day living
Sorry for My ignorance...
They are planning to accept

I thought they started accepting...Sorry again for misinformation

Reactions: jafo and ecool

Latest Threads