Our valued sponsor

DE IBAN needed

chrisgerth

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Hello,

avid reader and first time poster. Since TransferWise is issuing their own IBANs from Belgium now I am facing a bit of a problem.
Not all of my German customers can easily wire money to non-German IBANs. That problem should not exist, as you know, since IBAN discrimination is not allowed.

However reality looks different, thats why Holvi and Qonto registered German branches in order to provide DE IBANs for their customers.

Long story short - I need an EMI or some sort of provider which can issue a DE IBAN for a Gibraltar business.

Any suggestions?

It's going to be tricky with Gibraltar, due to Brexit. You might be able to open accounts with EMIs still but those who don't outright require German company/residence may not accept you now or throw you out later.

In addition to what's been mentioned, there's YuroPay which offers business DE IBAN: Business account with dedicated IBAN for entrepreneur – YuroPay

SolarisBank
Solaris doesn't open accounts directly. They're a banking platform used by other companies such as BitWala, Kontist, and Penta. I don't think any of those three would work in this case unfortunately.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. But stuff like N26, Penta (or everything else using Solaris) are not accepting a Gibraltar Limited.

YuroPay requires a German branch to be registered in the German Companies House. I will take a look at Payoneer. Anyone experience with settlego.com?

Alright, will see how it goes with settlego.com. Also I have question about Payoneer's pricing. If the company is located in Gibraltar and the payments to Payoneer's account are done in EUR is it sufficient to provide a SEPA account for withdrawal (i.e. TransferWise Belgium IBAN)? Will I get the 1.50 EUR withdrawal fee with that setup or does the withdrawal account have to be also in Gibraltar?

Reactions: Spinat
You may want to try Paymix Pro (www.paymix.pro). They offer unique Malta IBANS (MT) but also give you access to a German IBAN (DE), although the German IBAN may not be unique to your specific account. Thus, your clients may have to include a reference number in the narrative to identify your account as the recipient. Nevertheless, the German IBAN is available and I've found Paymix to be legit.

Note that Paymix Pro has also tightened their compliance guidelines so an approval will depend on your business operations and the transparency that you provide about your business and transaction activities. I've noticed that they often ask for additional documentation for transfers that are above 10K EUR but transfers of lower amounts arrive seamlessly.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: shamir
@mistaphi

Thanks a lot, had no idea that they do that. Will look into it. Solid advide

@shamir

Also thanks, tried with them years ago with a Hong Kong limited, they acted very bureaucratic and declined. Hence I was looking for some sort of EMI.

@All

Anyone actually trying to onboard with settlego.com? They do not reply to emails, tickets or even phone calls. Tried to call them for the last 7 days and line is always busy.

payoneer and transferwise no logner give german IBAN

Just checked and Payoneer is still using wirecard to facilitate EUR payments through German IBANs as shown in the attached screenshot. They may be in the process of migrating off of wirecard but as of today, they're still supporting German IBANs.

Attachments

• payoneer.jpg
    payoneer.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 170
So I am trying to get my Payoneer account approved in order to check whether they still issue DE IBAN or not.

But they keep rejecting the bank accounts - last account they rejected is with Paysera. Does anyone know what their problem is? They don't like EMIs? Does it have to be a full bank? Or does it have to be a Gibraltar bank account since it is a Gibraltar business?

You can also try moneycorpbank - they are also based in Gibraltar, so should open you easy. People there are fairly flexible and I'd try to ask them to open you through their "Marketplace trader" programme - this is designed for people selling on Amazon and similar place. For this particular service they give you German IBAN issued by Deutsche Bank.

Reactions: bitco777

Latest Threads