Our valued sponsor

Definitive solution to work as a Self Sufficient Malta

Yes, it's a normal CY LTD company with CY director, only it's not CY resident because management is outside CY

I wouldn't use a romanian SRL because they proably never dealt with structures like this.

I suggest you to speak with @CyprusLawyer101 which has experience with that kind of setup.
@Marzio I'm waiting for @CyprusLawyer101 DM

So without a local director in Cyprus, it doesn't work, right?

Tbh I don't understand how can be a resident in Malta if the director is resident in Cyprus and the company as well?

I thought I must be the director and be a resident but not domiciled in Malta as well to extend this benefit to my company.

As you said the CY LTD is a regular CY LTD and a regular CY LTD by law needs a resident director.

Then this company will become resident but not domiciled in Malta because you managed the company from there.

As you said the CY LTD is a regular CY LTD and a regular CY LTD by law needs a resident director.

Then this company will become resident but not domiciled in Malta because you managed the company from there.
Understood, however I was asking from the Maltese perspective of the setup. Does the Maltese law require that my company abroad have a local director and substance, or it doesn't matter since it will be considered anyway managed in Malta?

It's not the Maltese law that requires your company to have a local director, it's Cyprus law that a CY LTD to have a resident director.
Marzio there is no such requirement in Cyprus companies law.

@ilpablo you may appoint a Maltese resident Director. As a matter of fact this is the way in which the Cy co becomes a Maltese non dom resident co.

Reactions: ilpablo
Interesting set-up as discussed!

Would it actually also mean that the non-resident Cyprus company that is resident non-dom in Malta has to comply with both accounting/audit standards and annual requirements in Malta and Cyprus? I assume that income which would be qualified as "arising in Malta" would be taxed like resident dom Maltese companies, thus 5% effectively after the tax refund?

Latest Threads