Our valued sponsor

Digital LLC with IP protect

notsureyet 2019

Sep 17, 2019
Visit site
Hello hello,
I am so excited to be here. You all are wonderful and so so knowledgeable, I hope think to learn from you.
So I work as independent consultant in Vietnam, and I want to open digital LLC in the us of a. But my friend says, if I design new digital service as part of US digital llc while working at current client in Vietnam, then my client gets all IP (intellectual property) automatically. I don't understand if I build digital service After finishing work at client, why and how client can claim IP of my hard worked digital service. my digital service is not related to my client business.

I am so worried, didn't sleep last 2 days. and i can't open new LLC too.

Pleaz pleaz help.

Reactions: lavel
If you are designing IP using your client's resources then IP belongs to your client. If you are developing IP on your own time and using your own resources and there is no conflict of interest with the client then IP belongs to you. Also, do see the agreement between you and the client. Does agreement allow you to work on any project on the side? If no, then there can be issue.

Reactions: lavel
If you are designing IP using your client's resources then IP belongs to your client. If you are developing IP on your own time and using your own resources and there is no conflict of interest with the client then IP belongs to you. Also, do see the agreement between you and the client. Does agreement allow you to work on any project on the side? If no, then there can be issue.
Yes of course, I develop IP on my own time, not at clients time. Conflict of intarast is what I am not sure, some people working at client site also claim their own biz and some claim they don't do biz, so it's bit shady and graay. Thanks though.

Latest Threads