Our valued sponsor

Do Tax Offices Exchange Returns?

Vor

May 21, 2019
Aruba
Visit site
Quick question, do tax offices exchange tax return info. I know banks share data through CRS, FATCA, all the AEOI bla bla bla but will say the US IRS automatically exchange the tax return of a resident of say Spain and vise versa? I should clarify also this would be in the case of an individual filing taxes in two countries in this example they file in USA and Spain.

Quick question, do tax offices exchange tax return info.

Not automatically. If there is a DTA between both countries. They can exchange enough information to determine where the tax should be paid in some situations. In terms of outright sending your complete tax filing to another country I doubt it very much without court intervention.

Reactions: Vor
Not automatically. If there is a DTA between both countries. They can exchange enough information to determine where the tax should be paid in some situations. In terms of outright sending your complete tax filing to another country I doubt it very much without court intervention.
was my exact thinking due to privacy issues among other things.. good to know appreciate it Martin :)

Latest Threads