Our valued sponsor

Does Paypal Allow Multiple Accounts in 1 IP?

marcus

Offshore Agent
Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Will Paypal Penalize Me if I Registered Two or More Accounts with Them Under the Same IP?

Would my account, as well as the others registered thru the same IP, be penalized once Paypal detects that multiple accounts are registered under the same household?

Marcus,

It's alright, don't worry about it. Paypal wouldn't mind it in the least bit if you signed up through the same IP another member used to sign up and/or access their account. I personally log in to their website on the same computer my other dorm mates use to access their own accounts. And never in the last couple of years have I received a warning for infraction for doing that (and neither have my dorm mates).

Best regards,

- Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
How long have you been with Paypal? Are you sure about this? I'd want to set up a new account tonight, but I'm still kinda hesitant as to whether or not I'll register for one here at home or if I should head out to the local cafe and just sign up on my laptop from there. My cousin's account just got a limitation lifted from her account a couple of days ago. I wouldn't want to encounter the same thing, so I just want to be sure I'm on the right track here.

Well, if you feel more comfortable signing up at your local cafe, then by all means, go ahead. Although like I said earlier, I don't think it's necessary. Regarding the account of your cousin, was she informed as to why that limitation was imposed on her account?

How long have you been with Paypal?
Little over a couple of years now. 3 and half to be exact, actually. I'm guessing this is your first time with them?

Are you sure about this?
Absolutely. :)

For as long as you're not violating any of their rules, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. As far as their terms are concerned, there's nothing in their website that states that sharing the same IP would be against their policy.

You're free to look this matter up on the web or coordinate directly with a representative from Paypal, to satisfy your curiosity.

Hope this answers your question.

Have a good day!

- Blue

You are allowed one of each account type per person. If you have more than that then they will suspend you and take all your money in those accounts along with it, preventing you from creating a new account too.

Latest Threads