Our valued sponsor

Dual Citizenship in south america

Conversion

Jan 12, 2021
Visit site
I just discovered this morning that I could get a second passport and citizenship relatively easily, in Argentina. I'm originally from a EU country with a crazy tax rate, Italy. Now I live (legally) somewhere else in Europe, and pay a more decent amount.

I know that Argentina is a country with a problematic economical situation, but I opened this topic to understand if it's worth to get a second passport.

I don't earn millions, I'm not rich, but I'm trying to understand if getting a bank account, for example, would be easier with a passport from the mercosur area. There are countries like Paraguay that if I'm correct do not tax on foreign income.

So maybe that passport could help me to get to another south american country? I'm a perpetual traveller so I have no problems of going physically there for a while. I wanted to visit it anyway.

Where can I get more information about the advantages of having dual citizenship? I'm reading articles and watching some videos, but are there any specific sources that you recommend?

Congratulations - you're a very lucky person.

I doubt it will honestly make it easier to open a bank account, but at least it means you will be able to travel much more easily between Europe and South America amid current restrictions, which should be of value to you as a PT.

There really can't be any downside to getting it and you never know when it might come in useful. There's plenty of good information online. Unfortunately last time I posted a link the admin deleted it so I don't think it is allowed to recommend specific resources here.

Reactions: Conversion
There really can't be any downside to getting it and you never know when it might come in useful.
That is the key point. As long as there is no requirement for military service or for taxing your worldwide income even when you do not have residency there, there is no downside to a second citizenship and many advantages that involve providing you with various life options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Conversion