Our valued sponsor

Dubai OR HK?

wellington

Mentor Group Gold
Nov 14, 2020
Visit site
As mentioned in a prior post I am looking for a place 'to call home' for a private-wealth-fund (my own).

Been looking over prior suggestions, and various comments/logs and have narrowed down to two places.

Dubai.
HK.

Have a few questions.

Legitimacy - Dubai / HK? (less risk of issues with opening accounts etc due to corporate concern).
Access to quick-access Banking (creation) - Dubai/HK?
Operational costs/Fees - Dubai/HK?
Access to wider market (Institutions for access to equities/commodities) - Dubai/HK?
Access to EURO ease over USD - Dubai/HK?

Ok, well it's a hard choice. Not sure about Dubai but one thing I didn't like about HK is that banks there don't really issue debit cards (only credit) and they didn't have Non-HKD denominated cards (you can have all balances you want, JPY, EUR, USD, CNY, THB, but your card will be in HKD or CNY in some cases).

International wire transfers were quite expensive (15 to 18 USD)

Accounts and Cards were basically free as long as you keep a certain amount (around 130,000USD).

Sorry If I can't be more useful

As mentioned in a prior post I am looking for a place 'to call home' for a private-wealth-fund (my own).

Been looking over prior suggestions, and various comments/logs and have narrowed down to two places.

Dubai.
HK.

Have a few questions.

Legitimacy - Dubai / HK? (less risk of issues with opening accounts etc due to corporate concern).
Access to quick-access Banking (creation) - Dubai/HK?
Operational costs/Fees - Dubai/HK?
Access to wider market (Institutions for access to equities/commodities) - Dubai/HK?
Access to EURO ease over USD - Dubai/HK?
Depending on your passport HK can be difficult due to recent events and politics. So factor that in.
When I hear "private wealth fund" I'd automatically imagine some boring wealth management activities for which Singapore is the place to be.

Latest Threads