Our valued sponsor

Ecommerce business - not trying to avoid taxes, just looking for useful advice :)

Romanov

Mar 20, 2021
Poland
Visit site
I have a business selling graphic design products online. Currently i sell through gumroad. Unfortunately im currently residing in poland ( full tax resident). and gumroad only pays out through paypal, and the conversion fee's are getting bigger and bigger as my shop gets more successful ( it's nothing huge. 2k/month give or take).

Gumroad (us company) supports bank pay out in the UK and US, so i want to set up a corporation in one of those places for my online shop. ( lets call it "umbrella")

In poland i have a visa through a startup incubator which takes care of taxes/legal documents etc.. I would invoice my company "umbrella" from this polish company i use currently. Pay myself a salary and taxes etc.

so the primary goal is to avoid paying paypals 2.5% conversion fees. But in an ideal world, i would like this company to be able to help me apply for business visa's.

When i was in New york i was friends with a Swedish guy who was on a business visa living there for a year i think. While working for his swedish company. it was some small training startup. I would like to be able to do that in the future.

Anyone have some insights into this? I'm thinking or registering in wyoming ( no intention of hiding identity or anything, but just seems like the cheapest place to do it) and i would use a transferwise account. Already have a long established one for many years. i should be able to open a business one through it. ( i hope).

Thanks for reading all this :)

Can they pay out to a us bank account without using paypal ?
Why do you need a company ,why not just s personal usa account? 2k x 2.5% paypal fee is 600 a year, so not much to save if you consider the cost to run a company.

Try transferwise usd account.

Opening a us llc will not help you get a US visa.

Paypal recently starter charging for withdrawal to usd accounts also when there is no conversion.

the monthly rate is increasing steadily. it was 500 at the start of last year.

So i'm trying to get ahead of this.

Gumroad pays directly into US bank accounts, so i won't have to touch paypal at all.

In poland if i run my business through an incubator i pay 9% tax, if i get the money paid directly to me i have to pay 25%. The incubator can only open accounts in poland. Can't open a transferwise account for me :(

I was hoping if a LLC has enough yearly income it could hire me and sponsor my visa at some point in the future. possibly even hire me in other countries in europe if i decide not to live in Poland.

Latest Threads