Our valued sponsor

EMI / Bank Account for an UK LLP with an Offshore Partner

JohnD

May 14, 2018
Visit site
Hi guys,

we have a small UK LLP with two partners - one is an individual, another one is a Belize IBC. We are providing IT services for german business partner

Currently we have a paysera account, but yesterday we have received following email: we would like to inform you that as the company's partner is from offshore country, we can not identify the final beneficiary (shareholder) of this company. Therefore, we would like to ask you if you change your company's partner. If not, we will be forced to terminate business relationships with your company.

As we would like to retain the current structure, we are looking for alternatives. Can you please recommend an EMI or bank which opens account for our UK LLP ?

Thank you for help.

Regards
John

Reactions: TurnedToRobot
2-3 banks, but you need representer in Serbia to go to bank and to collect Inet banking tokken and send it to you!
This is the 3rd or even more time I hear banking in Serbia and remote account opening! I would like some clarification! Do we need to go to Serbia to get an account, if not, who is the reliable introducer there that will go to the bank and open the account!

What's the story?

Bank can be opened remotely via POA to Serbian Lawyer, all done by 3-4 weeks, I opened for SLP with nominee partners, as i said before monegro.eu can do it, they have own representive in Belgrade. POA need to be notarized and then apostile and send it to Belgrade! Plus all originals docs!

POA need to be notarized and then apostile and send it to Belgrade! Plus all originals docs!
This means by postal mail / courier service right?

Sounds cumbersome but worthwhile if they open for structure with Belize entity in it.

Marisskults, thank you for information. Excuse my lack of knowledge, but do the Serbian bank support IBAN? I.e. can a German customer wire the payment to a Serbian bank account via IBAN?
Also, are the costs for opening the account and maintenance of the account reasonable?
Lastly, are there any drawback of a Serbian bank account?

Yes i have two Belize nominee inside!
So do you also have an LLP with a Belize partner ?

Marisskults, thank you for information. Excuse my lack of knowledge, but do the Serbian bank support IBAN? I.e. can a German customer wire the payment to a Serbian bank account via IBAN?
Also, are the costs for opening the account and maintenance of the account reasonable?

Yes they have own IBAN, work with EURO and Dollars with no problem!
All cost me around 3k euro for opening, outgoing transfer fee 0,2%

Serbia is outside SEPA area so despite its banks may support IBAN account format and Euro, the transfer from Germany must be made by SWIFT which is considerably more expensive than a SEPA payment.

Reactions: Sulu
As i said I was doing through monegro.eu and it cost me around 3000 euro without coming to Serbia, all remotely and took 3-4 weeks.

That's quite a lot to be honest but if you need to open an account for a structure with Belize entity in it you can't be choosy. :(. My only concern is monegro.eu is a UK company that was only formed on 10 October 2018 by some Latvian. What made you choose that company to help you?

MONEGRO LTD - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

Yes they have own IBAN, work with EURO and Dollars with no problem!
All cost me around 3k euro for opening, outgoing transfer fee 0,2%
What does these costs covers?

Yes i have two Belize nominee inside!
What does that mean? You have nominee director and shareholder appointed in your Belize company?