Our valued sponsor

Emi's awards 2019

Bmw850

Pro Member
Nov 12, 2018
Berlin
Visit site
In search of a good Emi for an UK company with non EU director, I understood that 2018 is not 2019.
After the fall of mistertango, leo Sata group.. I wonder Wich Emi at your opinion will be our star for 2019?

From my side I tried
- Paysera, they work well in EU , but when it comes to receive Swift payment, it s a nightmare.
- Satchelpay , the onboarding request is ridiculous, my banks are for less documents.And when I read here who manage it I prefer to leave.
- Transferwise, fast apply, but I have bad experience with them so I leave too.
- Paydek , the offer looks good but I m in process of registering since 2 weeks at least so no feedback yet.
- epayments : have been rejected

Reactions: JohnLocke
E-Payments has been working for me for a few weeks, it's to early to say if that's something I will keep. At least it is something.
Beside that I'm a big fan of Kraken after the crap with Mister Tango, I know that's not an EMI but in combination it's a good option have.

Reactions: Bmw850
If looking at a UK EMI either open now or wait until after brexit - if it happens ;). Also check to see they have in place measures like TW for example so you get no ugly surprises.

TransferWise Help | How will Brexit affect TransferWise if there’s no deal?

Hmm Belgium of all places .. why? ;)

As for Brexit, I guess the odds are now firmlyin favor of a hard brexit (if the EU does not cave) so:

Revolut has a LT license, so is OK.
Monese only has a UK license, but does not advertise outside the UK so you should be able to retain your account (EUR,GBP) there.

For normal business with a valid ID and EU residency, there are BUNQ, N26, Fidor.de, Comdirect.de, HSBC.fr, they all allow crypto funding (except for n26, they are real banks).

For the darker side of life, cheap valid options are diminishing and risk is increasing. That means more money for some and less for you poor souls.

Revolut has also been working fine for me. Easy to signup & use!

I am looking on their website for revolut but cant seem to really grasp if you can get an actual card to withdraw funds from the ATM. I have set up a UK LTD and about to set up a seychelles company and I need a bank account for these businesses. I live in the EU so I cant seem to open accounts with UK banks. Any advice or assistance is appreciated

Reactions: aplusbangla
With a non EU resident it s work?
No EU only, why you say non EU - in the initial post it says EU - UK corp etc. so I wonder why you question the reply?

But you have a UK company? so did you asked them if that isn't sufficient?

Hmm Belgium of all places .. why? ;)

Good chocolate perhaps ;). From a commuting point of view it is only 2 hours by eurostar train from London to Belgium also :D.

For normal business with a valid ID and EU residency, there are BUNQ, N26, Fidor.de, Comdirect.de, HSBC.fr, they all allow crypto funding (except for n26, they are real banks).

Bunq doesn't accept UK companies yet (after brexit probably never) only Austria, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands and Spain companies accepted.

@Bmw850 I would ditch the UK company try setting up an Ireland or Estonia company and open an account with Holvi. Non EU director will prevent you from using Bunq for example. Ask Holvi about non-resident director directly before proceeding as compliance keeps changing. Estonia has also changed laws so you can now pay capital into non-Estonia bank and hence can pay out dividends thu&¤#.

Reactions: Bmw850
As for Brexit, I guess the odds are now firmlyin favor of a hard brexit (if the EU does not cave) so:

Monese only has a UK license, but does not advertise outside the UK so you should be able to retain your account (EUR,GBP) there.

Your Monese account and Brexit

Hi there,

We want to keep you updated on our Brexit preparations, what Brexit will mean for your Monese account and the service you receive from us.

A globally-minded business from the start

Here at Monese, we are building a new kind of banking service - one that is unrestricted by national boundaries or financial borders. A banking service that makes it easier for you to live, study, work, travel or retire anywhere in the world; that is fast and keeps people connected; one that speaks your language wherever you happen to live.

In order to deliver on this ambition, we knew we would need to be set-up to serve many customers, in many countries, around the world. Regardless of Brexit.

What does Brexit mean for your Monese services?

As you might know, it is still unclear on what terms the United Kingdom will leave the EU. There is a chance that it will happen without a negotiated agreement on the key date of 29 March 2019 (i.e. commonly referred to as a ‘Hard Brexit’).

At Monese we are fully prepared for any Brexit scenario. Through our partners, we have secured post-Brexit licensing coverage. This means we will able to continue to support all our customers across Europe without interruptions.

With two months to go to this key date, we want to reassure you that services will continue as before and there will be no increase in the fees that you pay as a result of Brexit. You do not need to do anything.

Whatever happens with Brexit, you will continue to receive the same smart and connected service:
You can continue to use your Monese current account and debit card
Payments will continue to be sent and received
You can continue to send money abroad
Fees will not increase and will remain transparent
If and when Brexit happens we will be required to update our Terms & Conditions for all customers, in order to account for regulatory changes to our customers based in the rest of Europe.

At the moment, the terms and timeline for the United Kingdom leaving the EU remain unclear. As soon as we have greater clarity, we will be back in touch with you specifically regarding Terms & Conditions.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our Customer Support team.

Thanks,
The Monese Team

Latest Threads