Our valued sponsor

Estonian e-residency background checks to become more thorough

OTR365

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site

E-residency background checks to become more thorough​

"Future Estonian e-residents will need to provide additional information when applying for a digital ID, pursuant to an order by the minister of the interior stepping into effect from April.
In order to maintain user friendliness regardless of the increased amount of information requested from applicants, the Police and Border Guard Board in cooperation with the IT and development center of the Ministry of the Interior have created a new self-service environment for e-residents at https://eresident.politsei.ee. The new environment enables users to create an account and fill in their application in several stages as well as monitor the status of their application, chief expert at the Identity and Status Bureau of the Police and Border Guard Board Eva-Helen Kangro said.

New data sought from applicants includes information about misdemeanor proceedings initiated against the applicant, prohibition on business as well as bank accounts owned by the applicant or their businesses, Kangro added. Additional information is sought from all people applying for an e-resident's digital ID. The changes do not concern citizens of Estonia or people residing in Estonia on the basis of a residence permit."

Link

Reactions: Martin Everson
New data sought from applicants includes information about misdemeanor proceedings initiated against the applicant, prohibition on business as well as bank accounts owned by the applicant or their businesses

Details on bank accounts owned by the applicant? ca#"!

Well that part is a red line for me if they require that at renewal time. I am simply not going to supply them with all that information and will happily let my e-residency expire.

Good luck getting anybody to give them this info.

Either way this "Estonian e-residency" is one of the biggest lies in advertising ever, considering it has nothing to do with residency...

Either way this "Estonian e-residency" is one of the biggest lies in advertising ever, considering it has nothing to do with residency...

Agreed. I am still waiting on them to rename the program to something more reflective of what it actually is.

Latest Threads