Our valued sponsor

EU Banks Open to Non-Residents

BIL Luxembourg has a pretty straightforward online application. Has anyone tried to remotely open a bank account there?

I did the mobile app application a while back and was rejected and told to come to their office in person. They only accept a few EU countries via online application I believe but I maybe wrong.

This basic account thing has been mentioned elsewhere in this forum before, but it came to my mind again:

It should be possible to open personal account as an EU citizen everywhere in EU (but limiting to one bank per country) without proof of residence (but some good reason why it is necessary):

I would be interested in hearing experiences regarding this. For example, what kind of good reasons you have come up with?

This basic account thing has been mentioned elsewhere in this forum before, but it came to my mind again:

It should be possible to open personal account as an EU citizen everywhere in EU (but limiting to one bank per country) without proof of residence (but some good reason why it is necessary):

I would be interested in hearing experiences regarding this. For example, what kind of good reasons you have come up with?
FIB bank is following this ditective, they open you an account but with no debit card no internet banking this kind of thing 30 years ago should have been OK but in our days is basic useless...

BCEE said „no” to open corporate account for Malta company. The same with earlier mentioned Bank Austria, although the company deals mainly with Austrian clients, so the economic ties are definitely in place. Also no shady business, everything is clean and clear and the company has been present for several years.

It seems the personal account opening success stories in this thread has been mixed up with corporate accounts. I am pretty sure that personal accounts are easily achievable with BIL or others mentioned if sufficient money is brought on the table (private banking).

You need a local bank account for the automatic payment of your {mobile phone subscribtion, pobox, whatever local service}.
I agree, you will never be able to get rid of the banks because you have to pay such bill's using your local bank account there are only a few of such bill's where I live and where you can pay it with a credit card.

BIL private banking starts from €500,000. How is your experience with them? Is the online banking any good?

I was rejected by them

Hey there! Would like to share my experience of opening a bank account as a eu-non resident. Maybe i will be useful for you. I got info about Blackcatcard of EU financial institution and opened its account online with ID and selfie for free, the card was sent to my address by international post. No problems arose with the registration, etc so i my opinion it's a good way to get EU account

Latest Threads