Our valued sponsor

Euro Pacific Bank

You can find endless threads here on the forum about them. You may use Google to search the forum and it will reveal a lot of threads to you.

Personally I have been using them for a long time, but never really for banking, I think a single time for years ago. I like some of the EMI's and Cyprus banks, but that's my personal opinion.

You really need to ask whether you need a bank or whether an EMI will serve you better. EPB has been around for a while but it is clunky compared to any modern Fintech EMI.

What does it mean, not only invoice but proof of invoice also? Could you please give an example?
Outgoing Wire Transfers | Incoming Wire Transfers
If it is a third party wire transfer greater than $5,000, you will be required to complete a Payments Form and include relevant supporting documentation. If you do not attach supporting documentation or are uncertain, our Compliance team will send you an Online Banking message to assist you before executing the outgoing wire transfer.

WOW Good luck getting your money out in a crisis..lol. Still not sure why anybody would use EPB.

well, you have to announce in advance that money will be wired to your account by giving them proof (e.g. an invoice). Besides that you have to register the e.g. customer that is paying you with e.g. the contract you have with them. A bit tedious but it is quickly done.
If i'm going to send announce by email does there is exist some type of template for such a messanges? I just Should write to the bank manager that i will receive that payment at that date and attach invoice with contract?

EPB is fine if you are not in a hurry and not doing anything shady. Their compliance team is top-notch and they are very good at spotting suspect transactions.

That said, everything is manual and simple wire transfers take days. If everything is in order, GBP/EUR wire transfers post in 2 business days. USD can take longer, although they are now based in Puerto Rico and have a Federal Reserve account, so that may change. If compliance flags a transaction for review (which they usually do in excess of 5,000 EUR), it could add days to your transfer. If they ask for supporting documentation, it's another 1-2 business days before they even read your email.

The best thing about EBP is that they are a fully online bank - no personal visit is required to open an account. (I'm not even sure they have a real office that customers can visit.) It's also relatively low-cost - we're talking $30/€18/£18 per outgoing wire transfer.

Latest Threads