Our valued sponsor

FATF blacklist - Financial Action Task Force what jurisdictions they are going for?

redeye

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Gold
May 24, 2011
Visit site
I just read about the FATF and was wondering what offshore jurisdictions they are going for?

When I look at the list they have published the following jurisdictions pop up. Thus are jurisdictions which not comitted to an action plan developed together with the FATF to address the deficiencies.

• Iran
  • North Korea
  • Algeria
  • Ecuador
  • Indonesia
  • Myanmar
The mentioned jurisdictions I don't care about because I would never spend a single minut considering to incorporate offshore there, but what other jurisdictions do you think they will put on this list during the near future?

FATF has been into play for some years Im surprised you just stumbled on it now! It's like it always has been do proper research before you incorporate a company.. Offshore jurisdictions like Seychelles, Belize, Panama, Isle of Man Mauritius and Bahamas are for sure not included in the list of FATF!

Reactions: clemens
FATF has been into play for some years Im surprised you just stumbled on it now! It's like it always has been do proper research before you incorporate a company.. Offshore jurisdictions like Seychelles' date=' Belize, Panama, Isle of Man Mauritius and Bahamas are for sure not included in the list of FATF![/quote']
Sorry, in the same boat as RedEye... never heard of it before now :( sounds ugly..

I just read about the FATF and was wondering what offshore jurisdictions they are going for?
When I look at the list they have published the following jurisdictions pop up. Thus are jurisdictions which not comitted to an action plan developed together with the FATF to address the deficiencies.

• Iran
  • North Korea
  • Algeria
  • Ecuador
  • Indonesia
  • Myanmar
The mentioned jurisdictions I don't care about because I would never spend a single minut considering to incorporate offshore there, but what other jurisdictions do you think they will put on this list during the near future?
Thank you for sharing, interesting reading and research.

Latest Threads