Our valued sponsor

Fee for SWIFT to Mauritius

void

freedom addicted ultra relativist
Pro Member
Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
I rarely do this kind of transfers and have not enough experience.
I'm supposed to pay higher 5 figures in EUR to business bank account in Mauritius (EUR account identified by IBAN using SWIFT) from some EMI like TW, Revo, Epayments, ...
As always I made a test payment of smaller amount from TW and got charged not only 0.63EUR by TW (sweet) but also 2.5% of the total amount by an intermediary bank (not TW and not the recipient bank) which is not only ridiculously high (maybe standard?, don't know) but also unpredictable and the recipient got less than expected which is really inconvenient.

Is there a way how to know all the fees in advance?

How can I make such a transfer with reasonable fee and not 2.5%?

They may be using a chain of intermediary banks or there is a flat minimum fee somwhere in the correspondence banking chain being charged. Check the banks website to see who the intermediary banks are for that currency.

Personally if the wire fee cost more than a plane ticket to Mauritius I know which I would prefer...lol.

They may be using a chain of intermediary banks or there is a flat minimum fee somwhere in the correspondence banking chain being charged. Check the banks website to see who the intermediary banks are for that currency.

The target bank is AfrAsia bank and the intermediary bank for this transfer seems to be Deutsche Bank. Not sure how it works - if AfrAsia uses this chain for all transfers from EU bank for example. It's possible that it's minimum fee of 25 EUR per transfer as you mentioned.

I can finally appreciate SEPA...

Personally if the wire fee cost more than a plane ticket to Mauritius I know which I would prefer...lol.

that's what I'm trying to find out :-D because it could be easily that case

Latest Threads