Our valued sponsor

Fees

dreamr802

Offshore Agent
Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
The one thing I don't like about paypal are the fees that they chage. I know that they do need to charge fees but why can't the fees be for anything over say $20 or something? I have a lot of small transactions because I do PTC sites and other random little things and the fees take up a good chunck of whatever gets transfered.

It probably depends on the type of PayPal account you are using. For Premium and business accounts PayPal charges fee. I would advice you to open an personal account in PayPal and use it instead of using premium and business account unless you are having serious high level business activities in PayPal.

dreamr802 said:
The one thing I don't like about paypal are the fees that they chage. I know that they do need to charge fees but why can't the fees be for anything over say $20 or something? I have a lot of small transactions because I do PTC sites and other random little things and the fees take up a good chunck of whatever gets transfered.
I feel your pain dreamr802. It sucks that PayPal has to charge fees even for transferring small amounts of money. Even if it's just a dollar per transaction, it can slowly add up and eat through your funds. While I understand that PayPal has to earn somehow, can't they just do it through their premium or business accounts? Just ranting out...

Machida said:
From what I know PayPal doesn’t do any deal with PTC sites. This has been the case ever since 2007.
I knew because I like to do a lot of ptc before.
They do deal with PTC but in order for the PTC to be able to pay through paypal they have to provide more documentation etc. But I still get paid throguh Paypal with the PTCs all the time.

Poeple, listen to me:

PayPal doesn't charge ANYTHING if you have Personal account type. If you have Premium or Business then it charges fees for receiving money. I remember I made a mistake when I unintentionally upgraded from Personal to Premium account, but I contacted support and they downgraded my account in a day. All accounts are free with PayPal so be careful what type you choose, because it can make a difference in eating your money or not!

Kejatz, not quite. I thought so too, but recently I sold two video games + shipping which came to $35CAD. I've never been charged a fee before. But this time I was charged over $2 to receive the payment for some reason. If I had known this, I wouldn't have bothered, since it would have been better for me to just sell it to someone local. I don't understand why a fee was charged this time and never before. :S

Jherek said:
Kejatz, not quite. I thought so too, but recently I sold two video games + shipping which came to $35CAD. I've never been charged a fee before. But this time I was charged over $2 to receive the payment for some reason. If I had known this, I wouldn't have bothered, since it would have been better for me to just sell it to someone local. I don't understand why a fee was charged this time and never before. :S
Maybe the buyer used credit card to make a purchase. In this case your Personal account is charged 4.9% + 0.30$. Is this the case, can you check?

Personal Account has the option for receiving 5 credit card payments in 12 month period, and is charged for it.

You should decline that payment and contact that buyer and tell him that he has to use his PayPal balance or his bank account that is linked to his PayPal account. This way you won't be charged anything.

Latest Threads