Our valued sponsor

FIMBank and Easisave USD Savings/Deposits Accounts

Tecno

May 18, 2020
Visit site
Hi, i'm a client of Easisave.

Anyone of you guys own a USD Savings Account with them?

I own EUR, but can't seam able to find an European Bank that has a USD Account with IBAN, that I can use as a reference account for easisave's usd savings account...

Do you know of one? Thanks for the help!

Reactions: burden
usd account with iban ?
US accounts dont use IBAN.

you can have a multi currency account at many banks, lets say, revolut. and you receive in euro (or any other currency) converts into USD and ifyou need to send to US, you do it through swift..

usd account with iban ?
US accounts dont use IBAN.

you can have a multi currency account at many banks, lets say, revolut. and you receive in euro (or any other currency) converts into USD and ifyou need to send to US, you do it through swift..

If it's in Europe and in USD denomination, it can have an IBAN...

Revolut doesn't work for this, since it uses a "pool account" to send/receive funds in usd

What's about iCard (Bulgaria)?
At least they provide USD accounts. But honestly I don't know, if they provide a personal IBAN for this account.

Be somehow careful with iCard, if you want to park a lot of money there. Search in this forum for "leuypay" or "satabank". ;)

MeDirect (Malta) also provides USD saving accounts.
But I think you can make third party transfers from these saving accounts.

BNF Bank (Malta) also provides USD accounts, as far as I know.

Also keep in mind, most banks will charge you for USD transfers! They are SWIFT, not SEPA!

If it's in Europe and in USD denomination, it can have an IBAN...

Revolut doesn't work for this, since it uses a "pool account" to send/receive funds in usd
Thats news to me.
I have several USD accounts but they dont have an IBAN unless they are multi currency.
What banks have you been told do provide this service in Europe.

If it was true I would have had one. I will speak to my banks tomorrow and update you.
did you speak to your bank, you never posted here again :(

What about FIMBank - what's the catch, do we need to visit the bank to open an account with them or can someone help doing it remote, can I do it remote myself?

Sorry, I forgot to post.
The simple answer is No they don't use IBAN but what the bank will do is use your IBAN to Identify the bank and the individual account. So even thought I have been sending USD to my IBAN what im really doing is a SWIFT and not a SEPA.

Reactions: Spinat
SWIFT transfers can be done with almost any real bank, not a real big deal. It is also possible to send USD from a USD account in bank A to bank B with a EUR account, they will exchange it to EUR.

What about FIMBank - what's the catch, do we need to visit the bank to open an account with them or can someone help doing it remote, can I do it remote myself?
there is another thread about this bank, I have no personal experience with them, but it is a retail bank it sounds. It's not up for an fuzy business.

declined by FIM bank, I try with another setup.. will post here if I succeeed.