Our valued sponsor

German property tax

Pro Member
Apr 10, 2021
Panama
Visit site
Based on new laws for 2025 property taxes in germany are going to explode.
Anyone having a bigger garden will have high fees to pay.

An example is Norbert Stalter who owns a house on a 2500 qm land.

His property tax will raise from 2025 from 400 euro a year to over 14000 euro a year.

And here it comes how they are going to force people to live in big cities in small appartments in EU

• Wow
Reactions: Jade33 and Alonzo
Based on new laws for 2025 property taxes in germany are going to explode.

His property tax will raise from 2025 from 400 euro a year to over 14000 euro a year.
I didn't have a look to verify but this seems like a FUD to me - if true, it would ruin 50% of Germans

Reactions: RealDude
i work in the field, this aint no joke. they going full steam ahead with f*****g over people as much as they can. look at all the moves the EU has been done in the last 10-15 years by Germany being the post boy child of said EU implementations

And here it comes how they are going to force people to live in big cities in small appartments in EU

That's coming. Look forward to your 40ft container eco homes smi(&%.

40ft-shipping-containers-into-family-home.jpg

Meanwhile the ultra wealthy Germans with their 8 figure villas in München (Grünwald area) pay less than 1000€ in property tax... Even in Sylt it's way less property tax than what this poor man will pay.

I didn't have a look to verify but this seems like a FUD to me - if true, it would ruin 50% of Germans
According to the Property tax calculator (Grundsteuer Rechner) it is indeed correct - but I have no idea if it will impact all Germans or just Baden-Württemberg.

Meanwhile the ultra wealthy Germans with their 8 figure villas in München (Grünwald area) pay less than 1000€ in property tax... Even in Sylt it's way less property tax than what this poor man will pay.

According to the Property tax calculator (Grundsteuer Rechner) it is indeed correct - but I have no idea if it will impact all Germans or just Baden-Württemberg.
In bavaria its not showing updated property taxes.Many Bundeslaender haven't updated the prices yet.

In bavaria its not showing updated property taxes.Many Bundeslaender haven't updated the prices yet.
Oh that's why.

But still, these ultra wealthy Germans paid pocket change money in property tax lol
it's a blatant robbery eitherway
I don't think so.
Paying less than a thousand euros annually for a house worth €10M+ in Europe is ridiculously low.
Let's take 10 million euros for example. If you compare this to other western European countries:
Portugal - IMI + AIMI Property wealth tax : 34000 + 132800 = €166800 annually
France - Property tax + IFI Property wealth tax : ≈ €115k annually
Spain - IBI + Solidarity Wealth tax : Can't find accurate IBI calculation so €139k only in Wealth tax annually
UK - Council tax : £2500-£4000 depends where you live
Austria - Complex calculation but it's a 1% tax on value of house per year so ≈ €100k
Belgium - Probably €10k in tax (also complex calculation but I just compared similar property value)

The imputed rental value in Switzerland is also very high but thankfully mortgage interest are fully tax deductible so at the end you will owe zero in property tax.

So as you can see, for these Germans it felt like they paid nothing in taxes for their homes.
And people say property taxes in the US are very high but seeing those absurd European taxes made me think that US Taxation is not bad at all lol

They are going to play with fire in some places lol
f**k them and their voters.
If they want more land to build they can go east... e.g. Ukraine there is plenty of space now, and even more if they continue like this.
Just did the math, I'd pay way more than Mr Norbert, but as the old saying goes: ...from my cold dead hands.
They'll have to fight small armies in some places...
It is really time to build communities of like minded people and fight back.

Its not about needing more place.
In 1970's nearly all countries declared in a UN resolution to get t90-95% of worlds land back to wilderness.
Agenda 2030.
Megacities etc are all working towards it.

Like i wrote sometimes before here on a conference i attended back in 2019 by a dutch woman who advices biggest cooperations in the world how to prepare for future how she told everyone that living outside of the city will be luxury in the future

Last edited:
Paying less than a thousand euros annually for a house worth €10M+ in Europe is ridiculously low.
Let's take 10 million euros for example.

In Bahamas you would pay $60,000 in property taxes on such a property :confused:.

---- quote start

1. For owner-occupied property, the rates are:
  • No tax is due for the first $250,000 of the market value
  • Between $250,001 and $500,000 of the market value – tax rate of 0.625%
  • Over $500,001 – tax rate of 1% on the remaining value
Total Real Property Tax payable for any owner-occupied residential property is capped at $60,000 per annum.

--- quote end

It's true Germans had it very good.

Reactions: Alonzo and RealDude
Not bad... Can I stack 3-4 of these next/above each other :)

The main issue I have with this is the height.
I just can't live in anything below 2.60.

3x+40+FT+Shipping+Container+Store,+-+Aether+Apparel,+Envelope+A+D,+-+San+Francisco,+CA,+++(3).jpg

Well having a stacked container home in a future Germany will be considered an audacious display of wealth and will be frowned upon. It may even attract a new building height tax old)(#.

P.S Yes head height would be an issue :D.

Reactions: JimBeam
Just googled the container sizes.
Turns out that standard 40ft shipping container is 12.2m long, 2.44m wide and 2.6m high.

But that's the outer size.
The inner size is 12.025m long, 2.352m wide and 2.393m high
So if you add any flooring and ceiling cover you'd go to about 2.3m in height.

So that's probably okay for short term stay at some distant location (beach home or mountain airbnb type of unit)
but not for living in it whole life. Looks cool from the outside bun in reality it's like living in a shoebox.

I could see people from the Netherlands or Germany living in these kind of "homes" in the future.

I could see people from the Netherlands or Germany living in these kind of "homes" in the future.

Well could be a very good business model in this. i.e container homes that can be moved on back of a lorry around Europe. So people can choose to live in other parts of Europe or even world on an extended basis. But I guess people may still prefer smaller caravans or hotels...but who knows.

P.S I think we gone way off topic now but you heard it here first....lol

Latest Threads