Our valued sponsor

Getting paid in Revo account - will I get in trouble?

chren

Aug 26, 2020
Visit site
Hey people, first of all, disclaimer - I am very much a layperson when it comes to taxation and banking.

So, in 2019 I started working for a US-based company and since they weren't willing to give me a contract, I have been getting paid in my standard revolut account.
I am a resident of Greece and thought that since Revo did not require my tax ID I should be ok.
Volume is on average USD 1.6k per month, but one time it was 2.3k as I worked overtime.
I did not declare this for 2019 in my country but I am always worried because of the big volumes (for my standards at least) - I have all of my savings in there, which is less than 20k atm, but since my status is not likely to change with the company, I may reach that and increase it, so I would like to make sure that nothing terrible will happen. I have two regular accounts in two GR banks.

Given that Revo is transferring to Lithuania and all... I need to solve this problem asap, but it's really hard to find someone who knows what I should do because for one, I live in a remote place, and I think most accountants here anyway will not know what Revo even is...

Please tell me, am I in trouble? Will I be? And what could I do about it? I wouldn't mind paying taxes if I have to, really all I want is to have something my comp can agree with and to be able to save up to study without stressing....

It´s a small amount, relatively. I wouldn't worry too much.

Hypothetically you could open a TransferWise(they dont do CRS yet) account and transfer the balance to TW, and ask your employer in the US to start sending to your TW account instead.

OR

You could report your 2019 earnings and pay the taxes owed. 2019 earnings are not reported before 2020, so you are still good!

Latest Threads