Our valued sponsor

Have my home country access to my bank account?

Mike Norman

May 13, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

I'm from France and I move myself to Andorra this year. I get the residence(last week) and all the stuff, I also set my residence from FR down.

If I withdrawal money from Bitcoin to my Bank from Andorra (now I'm not resident of FR anymore), will France get data from my bank accounts of this year?

The account was created first as No resident and now it has been switched to account as a resident.

Regards.

Reactions: negon and lostguy
Have you filed all tax returns and closed properly your tax status before leaving France? Wait until you get confirmation you owe nothing and are not required to submit any further tax returns. Tax authorities are not stupid and if you go from zero to millionaire after leaving the country they can open a case against. Basically they can seek mutual assistance from Andorra (Andorra has many French and Spanish cross border workers) into the source of funds in Andorra. If the funds in Andorra do not match what you had declared in France then burden will be on you to prove this discrepancy in amounts so soon after leaving France. The emphasis will be to prove this money was not generated in France and owed to France.

The account you created in Andorra as a non resident was it created with your French address???? If you used your French address it will be exchanged of course with France for the year the address appeared on the account. Andorra will exchange data for 2017 by end 2018. If you have any money in that Andorra account France will know about it if it has had a French address on it. You will then be having difficult conversations especially if you had a balance on that account while it had a French address and did not declare it.

So open a fresh account once your tax status is closed in France with only Andorra address, telephone number etc. You can keep the existing account but don't put big money on it. The new account should have no trace of your French address in its history. Remember 12,000 millionaires a year leave France so they are after every penny they can claw back. Do not underestimate tax authorities capabilities, greed or ability to make you work to prove your innocence.

Wealth tax forces 12,000 millionaires A YEAR out of France | Daily Mail Online

I have nothing to add about what Mr. Everson said.

Just when you will do your BTC to fiat currency do it little bit by little bit and the best will be to do it in a corporate bank account.

Simply because you are french, you are required by law to declare ALL the PERSONAL bank account you have accross the world to the taxes administration.
So you will be in the database of the FISC (French IRS for non french reader) and they can ask some information to your bank (especially when it's close to the French jurisdiction) for personal account on the purpose of terrorism, money laundering etc... And this is by the legal way, France can play dirty sometimes for get the intel they need for confirm or not the suspicion.

Reactions: negon and lostguy