Our valued sponsor

Help: Bank account for HK company in EU

dutchnik

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site
Hi all,

First thanks for all the information in the forum. I am reading a lot here and spend every day some hours reading here for my knowledge.

I am planning to move my entire e-commerce business to Hong Kong for tax reasons. With my local tax planners I created a solid and good construction and they say I can do it in this way. My entire business is about $225k / year and growing fast. I builded this in the past 2 years.

The reason for this topic is because I live in the European Union and currently not moved my business to Hong Kong yet. I want everything to be good and not taking too much risks with EMI's. I read a lot on this forum about EMI's and I am a bit scared to use them now. Currently I do have an unique IBAN number from Neat but I don't trust them since I was reading online a lot about them the past few weeks and I don't want my money to be frozen at all. Currently I am looking for a good and solid bank account within the European Union with a unique IBAN account. Why? Because I like my money flowing within the European Union and not have my money outside the EU. I am almost ready to move everything but the bank account is a pain in the a*s.

Is there anyone who can help me out or do a recommendation for a local bank account within the EU at a good established bank, with unique IBAN in my companies name and with good prices SEPA transfers for incoming and outgoing transactions? A debit card would also be one of the requirements. In future when business is moved I need to appoint a nominee director due to my legal construction. There is no issue to travel for it. All documents are ready.

Many thanks for reading this!

Swiss CIM bank has high operating fees.Cyprus bank will be good for you.
But you will have tax issue soon with your HK company in this way.
Usually the accountant agencies can not audit your HK company free tax as they promissed to you in the beginning due to lots of paper work needed for that.
If you aggree to have some tax then you need to pay it via HK bank account.Or you will get issue with your HK company.

Usually the accountant agencies can not audit your HK company free tax as they promissed to you in the beginning due to lots of paper work needed for that.
If you aggree to have some tax then you need to pay it via HK bank account.Or you will get issue with your HK company.

We do pay our corporate tax in Hong Kong at the end of the year and not applied for the “tax free zone” in HK

Luxembourg branch of the ING might let you in, but of course, CRS applies, and they might ask for proof of EU VAT registration before considering your application. EU VAT registration (i.e. MOSS), even if you don't sell to EU that much, is a good asset to improve your chances of getting a business account your non-EU company.

Similarly, check out Belgian banks - they have business ties with HK (incl. DTA) and lots of HK companies maintain EU bank accounts in Belgium. If you have a valid reason for an account (you sell products or services to EU), you should get an account.

What's the issue having a Cyprus bank account for an HK entity?

Reactions: Marios