Our valued sponsor

Question [HELP] Recommended Payment Gateways Non-US Citizen with LLC ( STRIPE/SHOPIFY PAYMENTS DONT WORK)

franco32

Feb 28, 2023
Spain
Visit site
Good afternoon.

I am Spanish and I do dropshipping with Shopify in Europe and Latin America.
But I have a problem, stripe is closed, shopify payments also and I need to know a payment gateway that works well with a LLC.
The type of products I sell are very normal (smart watches, shoes...).
I would appreciate some recommendation.

Thanks for everything

Good afternoon.

I am Spanish and I do dropshipping with Shopify in Europe and Latin America.
But I have a problem, stripe is closed, shopify payments also and I need to know a payment gateway that works well with a LLC.
The type of products I sell are very normal (smart watches, shoes...).
I would appreciate some recommendation.

Thanks for everything
can you pm me your Website? i will take a look at it and give you one option.

There are many payment gateways, but I think your industry is little high-risk especially if doing shipping from China directly, lots of chargeback so it could be the reason they reject you. However, you might try Checkout .com, Adyen, 2Checkout, Authorize .net, Worldpay .com, Squarepayments, Braintree.. huh thats about it what I have in mind now :) You can find even more with Google

I wonder if its true that Stripe requires SSN for approval lately because this is something only US persons have, so even if you have a US LLC as non-resident owner won't be able to apply for Stripe?

There are many payment gateways, but I think your industry is little high-risk especially if doing shipping from China directly, lots of chargeback so it could be the reason they reject you. However, you might try Checkout .com, Adyen, 2Checkout, Authorize .net, Worldpay .com, Squarepayments, Braintree.. huh thats about it what I have in mind now :) You can find even more with Google

I wonder if its true that Stripe requires SSN for approval lately because this is something only US persons have, so even if you have a US LLC as non-resident owner won't be able to apply for Stripe?
I am facing a similar issue, with a similar setup but on Woocommerce, I had Woocommerce Payments (powered by stripe) working on my UK LLC Setup, but since most of my customers are from the US and I get paid in USD, I decided to stop all marketing in order to reopen the account with my US LLC setup (had to give some time between the last orders and closure of the account in case customers requested a refund or opened a chargeback, I could respond to it.), before the waiting period finished, the chargeback rate went up since the volume of new orders was close to none and ended up with a suspended Woocommerce account..

I then contacted Stripe to open a new account, explaining my situation before I signed up for a new Stripe account with the US information. Long story short, the account got approved, and a customer tried to place an order but was deemed a high fraud risk order by stripe radar, their payment was blocked and shortly after, stripe decided to suspend my account with the following email:
We recently identified payments on your Stripe account for xxxxxx that don’t appear to have been authorized by the customer, meaning that the owner of the card or bank account didn’t consent to these payments.
As a precautionary measure, we will no longer accept payments for xxxxxx. We will also begin issuing refunds on card payments on April xx, 2023, although they may take longer to appear on the cardholder’s statement. Please refer to your dashboard for a list of the charges that will be refunded. If there are insufficient funds on your account to cover any refunds, those refunds won’t be processed and any outstanding funds will remain in your account.
If you believe that we’ve misunderstood or miscategorized your business and would like us to conduct another review of your account , please complete the form on your Stripe Dashboard to provide more information about your business.
I submitted the EIN document and it was rejected, I am now in the process of appealing that decision too..

As for the proposed payment processors, Squareup requires an SSN to register which is not applicable for most of us (non-residents), as for the rest, they're either a big hassle to setup, their user interface is not very friendly, or they just bluntly don't accept this kind of setup.

As for my business, It is a simple dropshipping business, except I source my products from the US to prevent shipment delays, which is relatively less risky compared to China-US drop shippers.

I submitted the EIN document and it was rejected, I am now in the process of appealing that decision too..
Why was it rejected ?

Why was it rejected ?
The appeal form said to submit ANY document of the below, they included EIN Verification Letter, Photographs of inventory, Purchase orders/tracking number from supplier, VAT Certificate, Doing Business As document, previous payment processing log or something similar.. At the time I only had the EIN letter ready so I thought I would just submit it, if it works, it works, if it's not enough, they'll probably ask for more documents.
They didn't
Stripe being stripe, will not just say why it was rejected, they'll just keep it vague, anyway, I am still waiting for a response for the second appeal.

Latest Threads