Our valued sponsor

High USD amount from offshore to Wise

Suzy Emerald

Jul 5, 2018
Visit site
Hi

Has someone experience with sending low 6 figure USD amounts from an offshore bank account to a corporate Wise account for the same company (BZ ibc in this case)? Dont want my Wise business account to get blocked or closed.

I've withdrawn all before the questions.
Questions happened 2 weeks after the transfer from my IBC.
I've provided all documents. Then 10 days after :
"We're getting in touch with you to advise you that your profile has been deactivated due to security reasons. This, unfortunately means that we no longer will be able to provide you services.
We apologize for any inconveniences this decision may cause."

The same happened to my associate, but all his funds (5 figures) were frozen during +4 months for "compliance review".

Reactions: georgio
OK, as I suspected, better not send high USD amounts for intra comp. transfers. Question on the side: would a major US bank raise red flags if they receive a 5 figure USD amount from an offshore bank in a personal account?

Was in Euro's.

Though when i tried to open a corporate account for a newly formed BVI company they ceased my account briefly before relenting and allowing me access again unimpeded after i emailed the CEO.

I am late to the party but sending USD from a country like Belize to Wise is same as jumping of a building naked.

If your happy to throw your Wise account away then go ahead and try.

After major research, the only p[ositive comments on Wise, was when they sent $100.00 to their Mother or Brother in another country. A preponderance of the comments referred to freezing, closing, holding, and losing money of various amounts. The comment about "jumping off a building naked" best sums up a relationship with Wise. Fortunately, I did the research before sending Wise a six-figure fund for safekeeping.

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
After major research, the only p[ositive comments on Wise, was when they sent $100.00 to their Mother or Brother in another country. A preponderance of the comments referred to freezing, closing, holding, and losing money of various amounts. The comment about "jumping off a building naked" best sums up a relationship with Wise. Fortunately, I did the research before sending Wise a six-figure fund for safekeeping.
1. Plenty of people here work with Wise without any issues. The people that complain that Wise shut them down usually are not telling the entire story and either got money from shady companies in shitty jurisdictions or did some crypto related stuff. It's usually not the amount but the transactions themselves. If your mother sends you $100 from her account in Serbia many banks will shut you down as well

2. Wise is not a place to safekeep any kids of money, let alone a six-figure amount. EMIs are not for safekeeping, they are for transactional banking - paying people\getting paid and then moving the money to a more solid account for safekeeping.

There is a preponderance of negative information that should tell anyone with a brain to stay the hell away from Wise! I opened an account, sent $20.00 to test the process and activate my account. The $20.00 disappeared, and the account I didn't have was deactivated! If they aren't crooked, they're inept and should be closed down. To think I almost deposited five figures with them for safekeeping!

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
There is a preponderance of negative information that should tell anyone with a brain to stay the hell away from Wise! I opened an account, sent $20.00 to test the process and activate my account. The $20.00 disappeared, and the account I didn't have was deactivated! If they aren't crooked, they're inept and should be closed down. To think I almost deposited five figures with them for safekeeping!
Wise works perfectly for many people. I use it daily and have received, and paid out several hundred thousand this year.

The stories you hear of things gone wrong are the fault of the individual in most cases. I'm sure we'd all love it if they let us transfer millions in crypto, process payments for adult sites and be used as a conduit to bring in money from obscure offshore companies, but that isn't an option.

Latest Threads