Our valued sponsor

Hong Kong Bank of Canada

Honk Kong bank of Canada, which is now known as the HSBC Bank Canada, is one of the biggest banking institutions in the world, with presence in 85 different countries and 7200 offices in Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Americas. The bank, which was founded by a Scot for operations in the coastal areas of Hong Kong and China, is now a global leader in all matters of finance and banking, providing an impressive range of financial services to institutions, individuals as well as businesses.

hong-kong-bank-of-canada.jpg

At current estimates, HSBC is serving more than 85 million individual customers and about 3.6 million commercial customers. As of 2012 the total assets of the bank were valued at over $2,500 billion.

Honk Kong Bank of Canada

The Hong Kong Bank of Canada was HSBC first foray into Canada in 1981, when they established a wholly owned subsidiary to operate in the Pacific Rim, running their head office out of Vancouver to maximize on the economic potential in the region.

Over the years, the Honk Kong Bank of Canada grew as a result of growth as well as acquisition, and has taken over the Bank of British Columbia, Lloyds Bank Canada, ANZ Bank of Canada, Barclays Bank of Canada, National Westminster Bank of Canada, BBN James Capel INC, as well as Midlands Bank Canada.

This huge conglomerate was then renamed HSBC Bank Canada in 1999, at which point there were 116 branches of the bank in Canada itself. The approach of acquire and expand has been put to ample use and has over the years, yielded great returns to the organization. Today the bank is head quartered in London but its presence can be felt all around the world from Shanghai, to New York to New Delhi.

hong-kong-bank-of-canada-1.jpg

Offshore banking with HSBC
Since HSBC operates in so many countries all over the world, they are often the choice most rich and successful people make when they are of a mind to start an offshore banking account.

Traditionally you see the rich and the famous parking their money away in tax havens like Panama, or Belize or Cayman Islands but for those who are not well versed with those countries or are generally very cautious in nature, banking with a reputed multi national bank like HSBC is often the first choice.

There is also an ease of operation when dealing with your money like this. Having an HSBC account in another country is pretty much as good as an offshore account. If you are a US citizen, then all you need to start an HSBC offshore account is to open an account with say, HSBC Singapore.

What you want most is a 100% guarantee of the safety of your money and a lucrative return on it. This is what you get with a reliable bank like HSBC and It is no surprise that they are the world leader when it comes to international financial transactions.

Any good experiences with HSBC? The 'digital nomad' (A. Evans) mentioned how much he disliked them in one of his video's...
To be honest, at this moment I can't speak from personal experience just yet because I haven't dealt with them. However Im going to be opening an account with HSBC Canada in a month or so, from what I had heard it was one of the more Leniant banks but that was back a few years ago.. I think they got a little ( or a lot) less leniant after they got caught up in various "not so ethical" transactions etc. Guess they had no choice but to reinforce some type of rules/boundaries Lol but I figured I'd give it a try and judge for myself. I'll definitely update you guys on that matter so stay turned. ^_^

As f
Any good experiences with HSBC? The 'digital nomad' (A. Evans) mentioned how much he disliked them in one of his video's...
as for the "digital nomad aspect of it" honestly since it's a worldwide bank I'm presuming it can be practical. Depends where your Id's & documents are issued and where you'll be going as well. For Digital banking I'd recommend Transfer Wise bordeless Account, Adv Cash, Revolut if youre eligible for it, sadly I'm not, waiting for that impatiently for it to be available in Canada. I've heard only good things about Revolut honestly. A lot of ppl also recommend Worldcore but for some crazy reason they would just reject any verification I gave them, asked me super personal questions for a digital account that is supposed to strive for the "right of privacy & freedom with banking" I went off on them & decided to not pursue anything with them. LEU Pay as well is very good they also provide a prepaid CreditCard linked to the accounts you have with them so that's super practical. I have more to suggest but i think thats enough info for this post hahah. If you have any questions about any of those I mentioned let me know I'll answer what I can from my personal experience with those e-banks lol. cheers :p

Oh yes, I use both Revolut (very happy with them) and the Transferwise Borderless account with card. Transferwise did block one incoming transaction because it came from a crypto exchange (and the incoming money was refunded to the sender: the exchange).

One unfortunate thing about Revolut is their limit. Even when verified you can also deposit 30k euro a year. (There were willing to raise this to 40k though after sending bank statements and income statements).

As for online banks, I also use N26 and they are perfect.

I was wondering the same. I read about Cyprus and Belize banking in the past now I read Bahamas and Hong Kong a great new alternatives. What is best of all of it?
we have NGO registered 2005 in Chennai,Tamilnadu,India. we have all indian TAX excemption certificates. we are doing health promotion activities in rural tribal region. we have free 50 bedded hospital for poor peoples. we expand this hospital for 500 bedded hospital.we want open foreign account and trust or company registration. we want receive donation from foreign. which country best and less fee

we have NGO registered 2005 in Chennai,Tamilnadu,India. we have all indian TAX excemption certificates. we are doing health promotion activities in rural tribal region. we have free 50 bedded hospital for poor peoples. we expand this hospital for 500 bedded hospital.we want open foreign account and trust or company registration. we want receive donation from foreign. which country best and less fee

Latest Threads