Our valued sponsor

Hong Kong company - HK bank account

topshore

Nov 16, 2017
France
Visit site
Hello here,
I have a company registered in Hong Kong since 2020 with a bank account and Singapore.

In order to expand my business, I would like to open a bank account in Hong Kong for the said company where I can visit any branch with physical access.

Which bank do you recommend?

AFAIK, being onboarded by some HK bank it's not an easy task – practically impossible without proven ties to HK (just a company registration do not suffice). But if you need just a transactional account, i.e. not loans, letters of credit, safe box etc., then HK EMIs as Currenxie, Statrys, Airwallex will serve you well.

You could try OCBC HK - they seem accessible and easy to deal with (esp. if you are an SME - less than HKD10M per annum). You may need to go for a face to face interview, though.
DBS are also SME friendly, and I think can process remotely.

If an EMI will be sufficient for your needs, Statrys or Rapyd (NEAT) both service HK companies. Also Bank of Asia may be able to give you a little more by way of service. [although these may not be able to satisfy your physical access requirement].

Personally I would not go for the "biggies" due to volumes of unnecessary paperwork and less than dynamic service.

Last edited: