Our valued sponsor

HONK KONG LLC PAYMENT PROCESSORS

shizui04421

Jan 27, 2023
french
Visit site
Hi, has anyone worked recently with Honk Kong LLCS? i have a service that works as a "broker" between sellers and buyers, my goal is to being able to accept as many payment options possible and to send money with as many payment options possible.
NOTE: we have high chargebacks % because our website is mainly used to young people who take cards from their parents.

What you're describing is a money service business of some sort, which probably requires a license in Hong Kong (MSO license). Combined with high chargebacks, this would be a nightmare for a payment processor.

I'd start by lowering the chargebacks, see if crypto would work, and see if a license is necessary.

Where are your customers located?

Reactions: JohnLocke
What you're describing is a money service business of some sort, which probably requires a license in Hong Kong (MSO license). Combined with high chargebacks, this would be a nightmare for a payment processor.

I'd start by lowering the chargebacks, see if crypto would work, and see if a license is necessary.

Nono, no license, i see a lot of people offering this service and dont require a license, mostly is buying and selling products and we only help sellers find their customers and buyers find their products by taking a fee, so this is important to have many payment options

It looks like shizui04421 is running a marketplace

A marketplace that holds the money (takes money from buyer and gives it to the seller) rather than facilitate direct P2P payment between buyer and seller is offering a financial service and holding a balance. It might be that Hong Kong doesn't regulate it at the moment, though. However, some payment methods and payment processors based in locations where it is a regulated activity (such as EU), may require a license in order to offer processing services.

Speak with Nuvei, Zen, Adyen, and Paymentwall and see what they say.

Even if a license (or something similar) isn't required, the high chargebacks are going to be a much bigger problem anyway.

A marketplace that holds the money (takes money from buyer and gives it to the seller) rather than facilitate direct P2P payment between buyer and seller is offering a financial service and holding a balance. It might be that Hong Kong doesn't regulate it at the moment, though. However, some payment methods and payment processors based in locations where it is a regulated activity (such as EU), may require a license in order to offer processing services.

Speak with Nuvei, Zen, Adyen, and Paymentwall and see what they say.

Even if a license (or something similar) isn't required, the high chargebacks are going to be a much bigger problem anyway.
It may be classified as escrow services. Interesting by the way, I'm also planning to launch my own marketplace and I'm curious if license is needed;

I've seen though some marketplaces of digital products and haven't noticed them publishing any license on their website.

It may be classified as escrow services. Interesting by the way, I'm also planning to launch my own marketplace and I'm curious if license is needed;

I've seen though some marketplaces of digital products and haven't noticed them publishing any license on their website.
Aside from simply facilitating P2P payments where you don't insert yourself as a middle layer, an easy way to avoid licensing is to work with a payment processor that has a digital marketplace platform solution. Stripe and Adyen have the best that I've seen.

They hold the money owed to the sellers by the buyers. The marketplace itself doesn't hold that money. It only withdraws its commission.

Licensing is probably not necessary in many parts of the world, for now. I believe EU was the first big mover in regulating marketplaces as financial service providers (PSD2). Their reasoning is that holding money is a financial service and there is a money laundering risk in marketplaces. E..g, you could collude with someone on a marketplace to launder money by buying something from them with stolen money. The seller gets clean money from the marketplace.

E..g, you could collude with someone on a marketplace to launder money by buying something from them with stolen money. The seller gets clean money from the marketplace.
very common way to clean money in small sizes. I agree it would be better to use a platform from the big players in the market to avoid all the trouble with KYZ and Moneylaundering regulations.

Aside from simply facilitating P2P payments where you don't insert yourself as a middle layer, an easy way to avoid licensing is to work with a payment processor that has a digital marketplace platform solution. Stripe and Adyen have the best that I've seen.

They hold the money owed to the sellers by the buyers. The marketplace itself doesn't hold that money. It only withdraws its commission.

Licensing is probably not necessary in many parts of the world, for now. I believe EU was the first big mover in regulating marketplaces as financial service providers (PSD2). Their reasoning is that holding money is a financial service and there is a money laundering risk in marketplaces. E..g, you could collude with someone on a marketplace to launder money by buying something from them with stolen money. The seller gets clean money from the marketplace.
Problem of Stripe Connect it will probably limit the number of countries where your sellers may be from

i tried to apply for airwallex but my request has been denied, while i see a competitor of mine doing the same business with airwallex, why ? how does it even make sense
As @cryptounions wrote, it might be that your business is too small.

But there are many, many other possible reasons why you were declined. Only Airwallex knows for sure.

Depends on how big they are going to be. If the business is growing into the millions a license will be required. Everything else will ask for trouble.

Latest Threads