Our valued sponsor

Hosting in Europe what host to use?

I use a french company called OVH for my dedicated, VPS and shared hostings needs. They're goo, they're big (in the top 3 hosting companies in Europe I'm sure), prices are good and support is... fair :) Web hosting offers. - OVH

1&1 is also a big european hosting company but I had really bad experiences with them (mainly regarding billing...).

OVH looks good. What about uptime with OVH do you had any problems there? Were they fast to get issues solved?

Seems that uptime is really good (particularly for dedicated and VPS). I've heard about downtimes on shared hosting services but never "long lasting" ones (I mean over 24 hours).

You can see they rely on various and reliable providers here (load charge in real time): Weathermap

Reactions: JohnLocke
Best and cheap are usually antinomic.

But for cheap and good quality hosting, there are very big companies who have goods offers :

OVH doesn't like customers in countries where they don't have an office and won't accept offshore companies as customers. Otherwise, it's very good... as long as you don't need to contact the support.

For offshore companies : Leaseweb in the netherlands (support is good there, but the service isn't as good as OVH), biggest hosting company in Europe if not the world. Or Hetzner in Germany (good service and support, but they restrict bandwidth).

1&1 which is also very big should be avoided at any price.

Latest Threads