Our valued sponsor

How do I qualify my company as a private exempt company in Malta?

I am currently in the process of creating a private ltd company in Malta. For a myriad of reasons I would like to have the company listed as private exempt. One of the requirements for a company to qualify as 'private exempt' is listed as follows:
  • no body corporate is a director of the company, and neither the company nor any of the directors is party to an arrangement whereby the policy of the company is capable of being determined by persons other than the directors, members or debenture holders thereof.

I have tried to understand what is meant by 'body corporate' however am finding great difficulty. Any help is greatly appreciated :) :)

Best would be to find a professional in Malta to help you with the setup.

I have no relation to the mentioned company, just know some who used them in the past.

I am currently in the process of creating a private ltd company in Malta. For a myriad of reasons I would like to have the company listed as private exempt. One of the requirements for a company to qualify as 'private exempt' is listed as follows:
  • no body corporate is a director of the company, and neither the company nor any of the directors is party to an arrangement whereby the policy of the company is capable of being determined by persons other than the directors, members or debenture holders thereof.

I have tried to understand what is meant by 'body corporate' however am finding great difficulty. Any help is greatly appreciated :) :)
body corporate normally just means a company. generally, companies are allowed to use another company as its or as one of its director/s. so in the case of your ltd private company, you cannot have another separate company as a director of your private company.