Our valued sponsor

Question How likely is that Fidor Bank will freeze me ?

flashbang

Jan 1, 2022
EU
Visit site
I already have a fully-verified Personal Bank Account with Fidor Bank , it is a few days old only though.

I wanna transfer €110k from my own Wise account to my own Fidor Bank account.

Will they freeze my account and my money ?
What is going to happen if I won't be able to get out of the SOF question asked...?

Please help me guys ... plz help me find a solution for the SOF question, I am willing to pay if you help................

You keep asking the same question again and again.
If the SOF documentation is not satisfying they will freeze the account. That will happen with any bank/EMI out there. They might either just close the account and ask you to provide an account where to transfer the money to, or report you to the authorities, in which case the money will remain frozen and can be confiscated if your lawyer is not convincing enough.

If the SOF documentation is not satisfying they will freeze the account. That will happen with any bank/EMI out there. They might either just close the account and ask you to provide an account where to transfer the money to, or report you to the authorities, in which case the money will remain frozen and can be confiscated if your lawyer is not convincing enough.

Yes because I believe there is a workaround that could fix my situation somehow for the SOF question.
I literally have nothing in my mind what I could answer to this question but even on this forum some members claimed that they have managed this question easily...

I am also asking about specifically Fidor Bank - to find out which is the case with them.

Whether they freeze the incoming €110k transfer immediately , or they rather let me use the money and spend it, and a few days later they just simply email me regarding SOF.......

You won't know until you try, or until you tell them in advance and get pre-approval (or pre-rejection).

Exactly. It doesn't make much of a difference which EMI, bank, PI, or MSB you go to. Customer due diligence requirements have reached an almost fully predictable international standard by now.

You won't know until you try, or until you tell them in advance and get pre-approval (or pre-rejection).

Exactly. It doesn't make much of a difference which EMI, bank, PI, or MSB you go to. Customer due diligence requirements have reached an almost fully predictable international standard by now.

They say they cannot say anything in-advance lol

how is that even possible ?

Reactions: flashbang
I am based within the EU !
Even within the EU the circumstances / the enviroment differ, as the legal systems differ (sometimes in details, sometimes substantially). Cyprus is not France and France is not Poland (as the examples).

Can you provide me your direct contact somehow so that we can get in touch ? :)
Feel free to continue the private conversation that you started Jan 7, 2022 – if you consider it fruitful :)

Reactions: flashbang
Why would it be difficult for Fidor bank to answer the simple question?! I don't get it.

Required is source of funds, KYC and some DD - if all is good and fine they won't freeze, what do I don't understand?
There is single reason for it - funds are from illegal activity and bank will reject such funds.
Thats why OP looking for some fairytale story to fool the bankers.

About year ago, let me tell you that i was being all innocent until i got a call of a credit card provider about something they read in the news about financial fraud from someone who happened to have the same name. Not even a bank, just a credit card provider. They asked me about it and I denied ofcourse, however they still closed the account because they can - probably reported me for the hell of it too. Could be because i was getting rather pissed off by them asking question where I used by credit card - thought it was too personal....anyway.....

Now 2 closed bank accounts later its laughuable but this is the way the world runs. Massive information flows and not enough time to go through it all, so the banks take a sledge hammer and only fish for the best fish. However, at least with you they reach out, so you better come up with a real story and backed up by real documents.

In short - dont go to war with just your pants on - ie open bank account, make sure you got it all covered. It should not be this difficult but it is.....

As I said in the other thread you made unless you can prove the source of the funds is legitimate, you're looking for trouble and they will most certainly freeze the money. If you can prove it, you'll be good to go pretty fast but it seems the source is rather sketchy, so you're just looking for trouble.

Reactions: Forester