Our valued sponsor

How to live in another EU country?

I'm assuming you are an EU citizen, did you get residence permit in your newly chosen country? What problems did you encounter? What was your experience in relocating to another country?
EU yes. Essential travel is allowed. Again it’s difficult to speak for all EU countries as rules are different in each country and changing, but from my experience if you get a job offer you just move. Crossing borders by car is also much much easier than by plane. There are hardly any checks (where I cross). There are no problems at all in terms of moving inside the EU in my experience. Maybe if you try to move without a job it could be more difficult, cannot say anything in that case.

EU yes. Essential travel is allowed. Again it’s difficult to speak for all EU countries as rules are different in each country and changing, but from my experience if you get a job offer you just move. Crossing borders by car is also much much easier than by plane. There are hardly any checks (where I cross). There are no problems at all in terms of moving inside the EU in my experience. Maybe if you try to move without a job it could be more difficult, cannot say anything in that case.
I see. Yeah, you can easily get a residence permit by being employed, however, in my case, I don't need nor want to be employed. I just need to be able to stay there for 183+ days to become a tax resident and pay 0% in capital gains/income tax on crypto/fiat exchange (yes, I'm aware it's not just staying there 183+ days, but to also cut all ties with my current country).

I was thinking of becoming a sole trader (sole proprietor) and pay health insurance and social security, however, I can't really find any info about this one, is it really that simple to just become a sole trader and then easily get a residence permit immediately? Will I have to prove that I'm making any money or will they be happy with just me paying them the social security and health insurance (+ maybe an affidavit proving that I have enough funds to support myself and not be a "burden" on their society?)?

I see. Yeah, you can easily get a residence permit by being employed, however, in my case, I don't need nor want to be employed. I just need to be able to stay there for 183+ days to become a tax resident and pay 0% in capital gains/income tax on crypto/fiat exchange (yes, I'm aware it's not just staying there 183+ days, but to also cut all ties with my current country).

I was thinking of becoming a sole trader (sole proprietor) and pay health insurance and social security, however, I can't really find any info about this one, is it really that simple to just become a sole trader and then easily get a residence permit immediately? Will I have to prove that I'm making any money or will they be happy with just me paying them the social security and health insurance (+ maybe an affidavit proving that I have enough funds to support myself and not be a "burden" on their society?)?
Yea never done it this way. But most EU countries would have some type of period (6 months) where you can just move to a new country and then look for work. Maybe you try that and then figure out a way to stay as a self employed.

Latest Threads