Our valued sponsor

How to pay the IRS (USA) ?

Fajosst

Jul 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm not American, nor do I live in the United States but during the last years I had a partnership, so I need to pay taxes to the IRS.

In the last days I received a notification by mail saying that I have a $7K debt with the IRS regarding the Form 8804.

However, it is impossible to pay this online with a credit card. I do not have a bank account in the United States. I don't speak fluent English to try to get in touch by phone...so what would be the best solution to pay this debt and avoid problems?

It seems that they accept debit and credit cards.

Your only other options are bank wire or using an intermediary in the US (someone else who pays on your behalf) such as an accountant or escrow/trustee/lawyer. Bank wire might be possible if you bank with a bank that also has a branch/presence in the US.

Reactions: isyet

Your only other options are bank wire or using an intermediary in the US (someone else who pays on your behalf) such as an accountant or escrow/trustee/lawyer. Bank wire might be possible if you bank with a bank that also has a branch/presence in the US.
it is not possible to pay the Form 8804 by credit card...I will analyze the other possibilities

They accept us issued visa, master not Amex. That's another problem too for many foreigners or even US citizens in other countries who don't have US issued credit cards anymore.

The easiest way is to mail them a check.

How do you get a check if you do not have a US checking account? You have a couple of options. First is your local home country bank. Traditional bricks and mortar banks can often print out a bank draft or cashers check drawn on their US correspondent. Otherwise there are services in the US that will cut and mail and check for you based on payment by credit card, especially if you have a US credit card. Of course they charge a fee for this.

Write them email requesting international wire ftransfer instuctions. They will accept international wire in a SWIFT system, which is available in almost every one country in a world. And you can wire money from your foreign bank account.

Write them email requesting international wire ftransfer instuctions. They will accept international wire in a SWIFT system, which is available in almost every one country in a world. And you can wire money from your foreign bank account.
any idea what the IRS email is? I tried to search, I found only contact phones and emails that don't help with tax issues, only about website details...

Latest Threads