Offshore Company Formation and Management Services
RBFC - Royal Business Finance Corp.
Mentor Group
IBAN Accounts for everyone with a passport!
Turner Little - Company Formation Agents & Banking Intermediaries.Chat to a member of our sales team.

I need UK bank account

fxmonk

Looking for UK bank account to connect to stripe. Anny suggestions? I am NOT an EU resident.

xzars

Entrepreneur
First three offer remote opening. 4th and 5th require personal visit.

Citibank IBP London - 250K minimum deposit
Barclays London - 100K minimum deposit
Santander London - 75K minimum deposit
BoC London - no minimum deposit
Turkish Bank London - no minimum deposit

Banks below also give you UK banking details, and have low deposit requirements, but they're less than ideal for active business. Those are primarily for the sheep who want to park their cash at no interest rate, or have someone else gamble with their assets for a fee. Show too much DIY attitude, and you may not get an account, or get your account closed.

All three offer remote opening.

Barclays IoM/Channel Islands
Lloyds IoM/Channel Islands
Standard Bank international

a. Since you're not a EU resident, you should by minimum approach these banks with a UK, IoM, Guernsey, or Jersey Limited company. Mainland UK companies have the best odds.
b. Far-away IBCs without a local PE will get bullocks from all.
c. Have your company registered for VAT in the UK before you approach the bank.

fxmonk

Thanks for the details. I will try them out. I was also told to try some companies that get personalized iban account

Admin

Forum Moderator
Staff member

xzars

Entrepreneur
@xzars
How can I open remotely Barclays London account? As far as I know, I need to live in UK.

Get in touch with the premier relationship management team for which you can get a phone number from the second link. Ask specifically for a non-resident account in London. Justify your need for an account in London with your need to collect sterling payments from UK-based clients. Or with other means, like interest to invest in GILTS and UK public companies, interest to acquire UK rental property (which are a bit risker justifications unless you already have those investments). Mention that you have a UK limited company and it's already registered for VAT. Mention your website URL.

- Rebuke pitches for Barclay's international banking by saying that you, your clients, or service providers simply lack trust in IoM and Channel islands banking system. It simply doesn't work for your scenario.

- Deliver your account opening documents by post, or depending on where you live, they might let you use one of their overseas branches to open an account in person. If you live in what they perceive as a tax haven, you might need to provide a tax residency certificate as one of the account opening documents.

Premier Banking | Barclays

Premier Current Accounts | Barclays

Last edited:

rowena

I tried via online chat but they rejected(requested UK address proof), I will call them next week or maybe I will visit their Dubai branch.

xzars

Entrepreneur
correct, I would like to know that too. I have been searching for a UK bank for some weeks all of them require you to come to the UK and show your business then they will decide if they open an account for you or not. Most often the answer will be NO!
What justification do you use for having an account in the UK? Are you looking for an account for a UK company?

Based on your posting times, I'd say you're probably in the EU for at least some time of the year. If you're not a resident in the UK, but are a resident in one of the other EU member states, then RBS Select account might be a little easier to get: Bank Accounts for Non-UK Residents | Royal Bank of Scotland - RBS

A short travel to get the account should not be a deal breaker. On the other hand, if you want an account for this forum, it's clearly a waste of time. smi(&%

Last edited:

xzars

Entrepreneur
I tried via online chat but they rejected(requested UK address proof), I will call them next week or maybe I will visit their Dubai branch.
Talk to Premier Banking or Wealth team. That chat button as well as the primary support phone is for local peasants.

Admin

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Also you can use Tide which you can apply also
That's only possible if you live in the UK. It was impossible for me to get anything working with TIDE because I don't live in the UK.

WoWNull

Mentor Group Gold
That's only possible if you live in the UK. It was impossible for me to get anything working with TIDE because I don't live in the UK.
I do it, they don't require you to live in UK, but they are asking alot of documents, mainly agreements with real clients in UK, they ask me a lot about my clients and even asking for screenshot from mail, chatting etc.. That this guy is real and his company is real, if you do things as privacy and hide your name etc.. It will not work at all.

blueweb

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Gold
Elite Member
I do it, they don't require you to live in UK, but they are asking alot of documents, mainly agreements with real clients in UK
If you setup an account with them and you get verified, you need to access the site from within the UK, everything else will fail. You can cheat the story with VPN but they will also request a UK mobile number and there are a few other things that stop you from using it outside of the UK. That was the case for 3 months ago.

WoWNull

Mentor Group Gold
If you setup an account with them and you get verified, you need to access the site from within the UK, everything else will fail. You can cheat the story with VPN but they will also request a UK mobile number and there are a few other things that stop you from using it outside of the UK. That was the case for 3 months ago.
I do have a real SIM from UK, and my account card in the way, i do use the account without VPN and i was very clear with these points with the support, it's not easy to provide them all things they ask for, but its take me around 3 weeks with daily conversations daily requests (passport, ID, bills, proofs, agreements, list of clients, details from stripe, details from PayPal ) really i was near to cry when they approve it after all the hard time and requests they ask for.

blueweb

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Gold
Elite Member
I had no problem to get approved, it was an ease but I was not allowed to use there system from outside of the UK! If that has changed I would be happy to use them again. I will find my username and password to login to tide again to see if it works.

traveller79

Opening a real bank account for UK registered business with non-resident owner/director is very difficult now. I have personally visited few banks, and only three promised to condider account:

1) HSBC
2) Barcleys
3) NatWest

In other banks the conversation went like this:
Q: Would it be possible to open a business account for UK LTD..
A: Sure, it is easy
Q: .. even if the owner/director is non-resident
A: piss off

And those banks were in majority:
1) Santander
2) Royal Bank of Scotland
3) Lloyds
4) Metro Bank
5) TSB

Some other banks to try?

fxmonk

Just to let you guys know that I got the account opened after many searches. Sorry I can't post my finding here because the group admin is removing my posts whenever I try to help people out. Thanks for all your help.

reesek

EU IBANs for everyone!
Silver Member
do you need GBP or can deal in EUR?
for gbp you can try starling or tide
eur i would do outside uk

Mentor Group