Our valued sponsor

IBAN account number for offshore bank account please tell me?

Only if the offshore bank account is located in Europe like Cyprus, Switzerland etc. otherwise not.

Reactions: adjust
wakh said:
You can have IBAN even if the bank account is not located in Europe. I have seen it personally.
True but only if it is a European bank you open the account with and the account is hold in Europe, otherwise no.

Admin said:
True but only if it is a European bank you open the account with and the account is hold in Europe, otherwise no.
That's not the case. I know a country in Middle East where all the banks have IBANs for all the accounts held in the local currency of the country and not Euro. The banks include both local and international banks.

hmm, never heard of such, IBAN is only available in Europe so if you have banks in the middle east providing IBAN account numbers then they may have at least branches in Europe to be able to provide such.

You can read more about IBAN account numbers in Europe here: More...

Even tho this thread is pretty old - Im looking for a similar solution.

At the moment Im working with TransferWise which works great but I need a second bank account with IBAN in order to avoid single point of failure (with TW).

Any ideas?

hmm, never heard of such, IBAN is only available in Europe so if you have banks in the middle east providing IBAN account numbers then they may have at least branches in Europe to be able to provide such.

You can read more about IBAN account numbers in Europe here: More...
yes even from bank to bank in same country its require iban also in same bank have swift.

btw what payment gateway you use and they accept your bank ?

Can you open a Mister Tango account? If so they provide a IBAN account number as far as I know.

Latest Threads