Our valued sponsor

If I let a Seychelles company go into bad standing, will I be blacklisted from forming another Seychelles company in the future?

polle

Mar 25, 2023
Bahamas
Visit site
Can't really afford to renew right now (bootstrapping, tight on cash), but I will be needing an offshore corp in the future (once funding/initial revenue is secured), and Seychelles is the jurisdiction all of my competitors are using, so it would suck to be blacklisted from there.

What are my options?

Has been discussed frequently before. Usually harmless to let expire. You may have problems using the same service provider again in the future, but it's very unlikely you'll be unable to register new companies in Seychelles again in the future.

How old is the company? Does it have a bank account? What are the renewal costs? You might be able to offload it.

Problems can arise if you are a director. You might be disqualified to act as such, and this information might be circulated (for example on WorldCheck) in a way that prevents you from opening companies in other countries and even bank accounts. This happened some time ago in India: Are you in the “List of Directors Disqualified” published by MCA? - Chartered Accountants in India|Australia-B C Shetty&Co
Not something major, but still a pain in the back to have rectified.
If you are not a director, you can sleep safe and sound.