Our valued sponsor

Institutional broker account but withdraw to personal bank?

royalflush

Feb 17, 2021
UK
Visit site
I have an institutional account with Interactive Brokers for a UK LLP. I asked to withdraw to a personal bank account in the name of one of the partners and they declined the request. All partners are UK residents.

I do not want to send the profits back to LLP bank account as the bank charges a percentage incoming fee (non-investment activities of the LLP are classed high-risk).

Does anyone have experience with brokers than allow payouts to partner personal bank accounts?

I have an institutional account with Interactive Brokers for a UK LLP. I asked to withdraw to a personal bank account in the name of one of the partners and they declined the request. All partners are UK residents.

I do not want to send the profits back to LLP bank account as the bank charges a percentage incoming fee (non-investment activities of the LLP are classed high-risk).

Does anyone have experience with brokers than allow payouts to partner personal bank accounts?

Normally Its not gonna happen. Only if you would be to dissolve the LLP and request the transfer as an asset distribution although highly unlikely with brokers.
If the cost with your bank would be substantial when transferring, you could consider opening another bank account for your UK LLP to a bank which does not charge %