Our valued sponsor

Invoices from non-resident companies

2. He wouldn't even need a nominee structure to cut costs. Of course it's more anonymous but not necessary in his case. If you are going with an LLP, just structure a profit transfer agreement and you won't even have to invoice. About UBO: The Banks will still want to know who the UBO is. And in regards to the UK (Ltd), the UBO will still show up if I am correct. If he wants to remain anonymous, LLP with two Offshore Companies with Nominees set it would be the way to go. But as I said, if everything is legal and privacy isn't needed, I would go the simple way.

Yes but he doesn't want his clients to know or to be able to look up where does he live. It is not against banks, privacy is gone these days, apart from hiding some details in public registries through the nominees.

I have no idea about UK LTD. But countries like Malta they show a full residential address in the public registry of the directors, secretaries, shareholders etc.
I just checked, you can just pay your registered agent for the correspondence address (the one displayed for the UBOs). That way you'll have your name displayed as UBO, but not your personal address.

I just checked, you can just pay your registered agent for the correspondence address (the one displayed for the UBOs). That way you'll have your name displayed as UBO, but not your personal address.
As I said I have no idea how it is with UK registry. In Malta for instance this is not possible, residential address of the persons concerned has to be mentioned, otherwise everyone would be using correspondence addresses of the companies they are working for :) If it is possible in UK, then great. As for LLP I am hearing it is extremely hard to get a proper bank account with non resident directors/shareholders.

As I said I have no idea how it is with UK registry. In Malta for instance this is not possible, residential address of the persons concerned has to be mentioned, otherwise everyone would be using correspondence addresses of the companies they are working for :) If it is possible in UK, then great. As for LLP I am hearing it is extremely hard to get a proper bank account with non resident directors/shareholders.

That's true. It's time consuming for banks to do their checks, hence they deny customers often. Though if OP is from a reputable country and can show proof and explain everything In person, he will most likely find a bank in the UK to deal with him.

Reputational wrappers are commonplace. Local company which is perceived as bad rep owns an empty shell company of a higher rep country that serves clients there and in proximity.

i.e. a Puerto Rico resident with a PR company that owns a shell Gibraltar non-resident company can do quite well with EU clients.

Gibraltar does not impose a tax if no Gib businesses or individuals are served. And PR is happy because you pay them the 4% and maintain the core of your activity in their legal system.

For serving EU clients specifically, Irish companies are also good as reputational wrappers. UK Ltds., while good in the past, will be less good in the future.

Reactions: JustAnotherNomad

Latest Threads