Our valued sponsor

Is Euro Deniz IBU Bank legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefano3323

Aug 23, 2018
Visit site
Hello guys,

I got contacted by Euro Deniz IBU bank to offer their services to our clients. I tried to look for some info online and from their website (Home) it doesn't seems to good.

Now, I don't want to be the person who point the finger just because a website is not very good, so I decided to ask for help here.

Does anybody ever used them? Are they legit?

Whatever info you have about them I'm sure it will help as I believe they will start contacting many people online.

Euro Deniz International Banking Unit is a bank in TRNC (Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus), which is an unrecognised state formed after Turkey invaded Cyprus in 1974. Since Turkey is the only country to recognise TRNC, it is practically impossible for TRNC to function as anything other than a Turkish puppet state. Banks there all piggyback on Turkish banks.

The TRNC Central Bank has a register of licensed offshore/IBU banks here: Uluslararası Bankacılık Birimleri | KKTC Merkez Bankası

However, the URL you have provided does not seem to be operated by Euro Deniz IBU. It looks like someone saw that Euro Deniz IBU doesn't have a website and registered the domain to run an unauthorised website. Deniz Bank probably offers its TRNC services through its regular website.

Also, unless you are very wealthy or the CFO of a large corporation, banks practically never contact you first. It is a huge red flag when a bank reaches out directly to someone other than that.

Euro Deniz International Banking Unit is a bank in TRNC (Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus), which is an unrecognised state formed after Turkey invaded Cyprus in 1974. Since Turkey is the only country to recognise TRNC, it is practically impossible for TRNC to function as anything other than a Turkish puppet state. Banks there all piggyback on Turkish banks.

The TRNC Central Bank has a register of licensed offshore/IBU banks here: Uluslararası Bankacılık Birimleri | KKTC Merkez Bankası

However, the URL you have provided does not seem to be operated by Euro Deniz IBU. It looks like someone saw that Euro Deniz IBU doesn't have a website and registered the domain to run an unauthorised website. Deniz Bank probably offers its TRNC services through its regular website.

Also, unless you are very wealthy or the CFO of a large corporation, banks practically never contact you first. It is a huge red flag when a bank reaches out directly to someone other than that.

Yeah, thought something was not right. Thank you for the help. I guess it can be of help for anybody receiving those type of information with that specific URL.

Thank you for letting us know. First I thought this was a way of hidden advertising but now I see your point and the thread to be valid, thanks :)

Reactions: Stefano3323
Hello guys,

I got contacted by Euro Deniz IBU bank to offer their services to our clients. I tried to look for some info online and from their website (Home) it doesn't seems to good.

Now, I don't want to be the person who point the finger just because a website is not very good, so I decided to ask for help here.

Does anybody ever used them? Are they legit?

Whatever info you have about them I'm sure it will help as I believe they will start contacting many people online.
Same thing, we've got their email few days ago. There's no trace/reviewe/feedback about this bank. It's not on the list of licensed or liquidated banks of TRNC. There's no legal info on the website, no team. The website is registered 2 months ago. A company with the same name was registered in the UK 1 month ago. All names/profiles in email/Linkedin are fakes. Call center number from their website is a cellphone. And so on..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: seabreeze
This is a picture from their FB group
_1 - EURO DENIZ IBU - Home | Facebook 2019-12-22 02-05-27 copy.jpg

And this is the real picture
_2 Denizbank'tan resmi satış açıklaması geldi | Piyasalar Haberleri 2019-12-22 02-07-32 copy.jpg

Any more questions? )

what is problem in trnc banks? they seems to work ? the corespondent is throuh turkey?

trnc is not reconised can it be a problem ? i was there s this summer for 1 day the seems not so different s from south exept is 50% cheaper may be banking service are also cheaper

what is problem in trnc banks? they seems to work ? the corespondent is throuh turkey?

trnc is not reconised can it be a problem ? i was there s this summer for 1 day the seems not so different s from south exept is 50% cheaper may be banking service are also cheaper
So you are an account holder in this bank or did you only visit them but didn't setup an account with them?

Reactions: Joe Blasco
LOL I guess we can consider this a quite cheap scam. Thanks for the info!
It is not scamming, it is about "creating a corporate image" smi(&%

Judging Denizbank and Fortressbank by the buildings they are located in, both look like small family enterprises where the owner lives in the same building, and has his garage there too. Fortressbank looks slightly more professional than Deniz, but we're at the bottom of the barrel here.

Still, some people with special needs might benefit from their services. The main benefit is being located in a country that can't sign any international treaties even if they wanted to.

Attachments

• Fortress.png
    Fortress.png
    522.4 KB · Views: 589
  • Deniz.png
    Deniz.png
    665.4 KB · Views: 590
It is not scamming, it is about "creating a corporate image" smi(&%

Judging Denizbank and Fortressbank by the buildings they are located in, both look like small family enterprises where the owner lives in the same building, and has his garage there too. Fortressbank looks slightly more professional than Deniz, but we're at the bottom of the barrel here.

Still, some people with special needs might benefit from their services. The main benefit is being located in a country that can't sign any international treaties even if they wanted to.
What about Mondial Private Bank? Is it similar to what you describe?

We have closed this thread for further comments.

On the demand of Euro Deniz IBU who claim all reviews after the last post above, where false and accusations, we decided to clean the thread and leave the rest up to the readers.

In that way we comply to English laws as Euro Deniz IBU reffer to, even our forum is not under UK laws.

It is a fair thread which only provides information about what the users have found on the web around you and which are otherwise the users' personal experiences. The rest have been removed.

This is what we can agree to, we uphold freedom of speech in a free world and will challenge every claim that the thread after editing is made up, claims, or false statements. But is solely based on information that is freely available on the web.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads