Our valued sponsor

Question Is it really true I can't setup an IBC in Seychelles?

aimzieslol

Aug 25, 2022
Oregon
Visit site
Have been shopping around for a firm that will provide "registered agent" services.

One replied back called "International Corporate Agents Limited" (ibcagent.com). They want to charge 450 Euro for a slew of services. What they're offering is actually pretty inexpensive, considering.

I don't mind (might even masochistically enjoy) the bureaucracy of filing corporate paperwork, so I write her back that I just need registered agent services-- I'll handle the rest.

She fires back telling me that:

It does not work like that! FSA does not liaise with clients directly. All clients need a registered agent not just for an address. It is the registered agent that represent the company and client and liaise with FSA.

Seems strange to me, so I probe a bit more and show her the links/resources I have from doing some research:

So if I understood correctly, as a non-Seychelles resident, I can't go here:

Government of Seychelles - Business - Starting up your Business

Follow these instructions:

Government of Seychelles - Business - Six Steps for Start-Ups

Get any licenses that I need:

Government of Seychelles - Business - Licenses

Get myself a TIN so I can pay taxes:

Seychelles Revenue Commission | SBN Services | SBN Registration

Is that what you're telling me?

And we end up with:

To set up a Seychelles IBC you have to go though a registered agent and that registered agent will apply for a special TIN if need be. Please note though that a TIN is not mandatory to have for an IBC.

You cannot set up a IBC directly with the regulator , you have to go through an agent.

My question to the forums: Is that really true?

Have been shopping around for a firm that will provide "registered agent" services.

One replied back called "International Corporate Agents Limited" (ibcagent.com). They want to charge 450 Euro for a slew of services. What they're offering is actually pretty inexpensive, considering.

I don't mind (might even masochistically enjoy) the bureaucracy of filing corporate paperwork, so I write her back that I just need registered agent services-- I'll handle the rest.

She fires back telling me that:

Seems strange to me, so I probe a bit more and show her the links/resources I have from doing some research:

And we end up with:

My question to the forums: Is that really true?
Yes it is true

If you click that links for registration you will notice that some are "404 not found", some are occupied by ads and the domain of Seychelles International Business Authority is for sale.
I don't know if it's possible to do it yourself online, but I'm pretty sure that nobody does that and you will save time and money going with agents.
Cheers.

Latest Threads