Our valued sponsor

Jurisdictions that don’t auto share info?

USA doesn't automatically share info automatically , UAE residency with bank account is another option but much more pricy setup..

Countries like Serbia , Montenegro etc but it might be hard to get money in / out depends on your needs..

I have heard Sweden don’t auto share, is there anywhere else which does not auto share info, however will on request they will. But a yearly share wouldn’t be done?
There are two possibilities:
1) the country in question is engaged in AEOI/CRS system (Sweden is);
or
2) the country in question is NOT engaged in AEOI/CRS system.
If (1), then at the end of every year the financial information about you is automatically shared; if (2), then nothing is shared automatically but it usually can be shared on request (practically all countries agreed with this nowadays).
For a list of non-AEOI/CRS coutries, you can search OECD website or even threads here.
USA are the special case because they are not in AEOI but have FATCA. The result is a little bit more complicated but generally you can treat it as relatively safe for non-US citizens and unsafe (i.e. shared) for US citizens.

Reactions: JohnLocke
I have heard Sweden don’t auto share, is there anywhere else which does not auto share info, however will on request they will. But a yearly share wouldn’t be done?

Thanks

As you can see, Sweden was one of the first countries to start sharing information automatically.

USA doesn't automatically share info automatically
It does under FATCA, but it's less reliable than CRS. FATCA is supposed to be reciprocal but in reality, it's still mostly one way with information going to the US.

So to be more precise, US does sometimes share information automatically.

Countries like Serbia , Montenegro etc but it might be hard to get money in / out depends on your needs..
Serbia is not a CRS signatory and does not engage in automatic exchange of information, except FATCA.

Montenegro will start in 2023.

Reactions: Marie Manila