Our valued sponsor

Law trust. Any review ?

I do read articles they publish from time to time but that's all I know about them.

However you think these Russians will be able to help you open an account or something? Never tried them as they are Russian and Ukrainian focused.

Every time you see someone include "HSBC" in banks they can open accounts at, you know they haven't updated their site in a long time. Same for any provider that offers you quick opening in Rietumu...

Definitely doesn't make me trust them more

• Haha
Reactions: Martin Everson
They are charging 590 to open account at Choice Bank or Atlantic International in Belize thu&¤#. Give them a call tomboy and see if you can get a discount on that account opening fee. Being that both banks are in liquidation some discount is due I guess :rolleyes:.

From my understanding, it's for three reasons:
- Austria used to have a fairly rigorous banking secrecy. It has eroded now with EU and OECD initiatives.
- Austrian banks are considered fairly conservative and stable, making them attractive for people seeking to place their wealth in a country that's more stable than their home country.
- Not sure it's the case anymoree, but Austrian banks often at least used to have a higher intra-European risk appetite than German and Swiss banks, with many Austrian banks having a presence in Eastern Europe, including some countries which aren't or only recently became EU members.

You'll ofteen see Austrian banks mentioned on websites of service providers like this one which are focused on Russia/CIS clients. They're not as common elsewhere.

Yes Austria used to have very solid privacy and was good for hiding large amounts of money. Up until two years ago I even rented a safety deposit box. They allowed 100% totally anonymous rental of boxes with no ID, no nothing required at Dassafe but that has all changed now sadly :confused:.