Our valued sponsor

Living in between Japan, France and the US , bitwith UK company

barton fink

Apr 2, 2021
tokyo
Visit site
Hey everyone,

First post here and while I’ve read as much as I can I couldn’t find a precise answer for my specific case. Hoping you might be able to help me, and in any case I LOVE this forum. So much informations. Thanks to everyone!!!

I’m wondering what is the optimum tax scenario when living in between countries with a UK company that generates profit?

My situation: I lived in the UK for 3 years and Japan for the last 3 years. Didn’t make any profit until this year and I still have a payroll in the UK while declaring revenue in Japan under another visa.
since the company didn’t make any profit I wasn’t worrying much but since 4 months realise how complicated the situation can become if I don’t know enough about rules and that my accountant aren’t able to help me on that.

I’ve been locked in Japan for the last year because of corona but usually travel in between France, uk, us and Japan and could consider spending less than the 180 days in any of these country to avoid tax residency. My UK company (art and film production) is trading in all those country, paying freelancers and expenses.

What would you recommended to ensure that we run the business according to law while having the best tax system in place?

ps:if this question is too precise, I’m happy to hire someone and talk about our case more in depth, but thought that with remote work and corona many might be in a similar scenario.

Thank you

Keep your limited company and use it register an LLP.
By the fact you can pick and choose your country of tax that best suits you. An LLP is tax neutral so long as you move your profit to a bank account outside the UK.

By the fact you can pick and choose your country of tax that best suits you. An LLP is tax neutral so long as you move your profit to a bank account outside the UK.
You know if you need to add VAT to invoices sent to individuals now that UK is out of the UE?

So you would create a second company, under LLP form and trade mostly with it? Then send the profits to owners account and pay taxes depending on where we are tax resident?

We have quite a lot of assets on the limited that we use to work, could the llp rent them from the main company then?

Thanks for your answer :)

So you would create a second company, under LLP form and trade mostly with it? Then send the profits to owners account and pay taxes depending on where we are tax resident?

We have quite a lot of assets on the limited that we use to work, could the llp rent them from the main company then?

Thanks for your answer :)
Exactly, or set up a completely new entity LLP as you said "we" means there is partners. Then use/leverage the assets from the limited and have it as a purely non trading holding company.

Plenty of ways to optimise your situation.

Reactions: barton fink
Exactly, or set up a completely new entity LLP as you said "we" means there is partners. Then use/leverage the assets from the limited and have it as a purely non trading holding company.

Plenty of ways to optimise your situation.
Sounds good to me. Thanks!

Do you know which service provider I should look for to set this up and get on going financial advices?

Latest Threads